Rohtak gangrape: Police arrest man not named by girl, claim he raped her | india-news | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Mar 31, 2017-Friday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Rohtak gangrape: Police arrest man not named by girl, claim he raped her

india Updated: Jul 25, 2016 12:08 IST
HT Correspondent
Rohtak gangrape

The accused being taken to a court in Rohtak on Sunday.(Manoj Dhaka/HT Photo)

In a fresh twist in the probe into the Rohtak Dalit girl gangrape, the special investigation team (SIT) on Sunday arrested a man, not named by the victim, and claimed he and his friend raped the girl.

Police said they have arrested Sandeep Hooda of Rohtak’s Kiloi village, who, along with his accomplice Parmod, had ‘raped’ the girl on July 13.

Sources said the police had got hold of a CCTV footage from a hotel in Rohtak, wherein the girl was seen with the two accused.

Read more | ‘Choked, threatened, beaten’: Rohtak gangrape victim recalls horror

However, neither Hooda nor Parmod were named by the victim in her complaint to the police.

The 21-year-old Dalit girl had alleged she was raped by five men for the second time in Rohtak on July 13. The police had already arrested three of the accused named by the girl.

The police said Hooda, a sports shop owner, revealed that he knew the victim before. “From what he has so far revealed, the girl called him on July 13 and asked him to meet her at Mansarovar Park.

He, along with his friend Parmod, went to see the girl in Parmod’s car. After he introduced his friend with the girl, they all went to some place in Parmod’s car.”

However, the police said they were yet to verify the accused’s claim that the victim went along with them own her own. The police said it would also verify if the girl was raped or had her consent. Police had earlier arrested three out of the five accused named by the victim in the FIR.

The three - Amit, Jagmohan and Sandeep from Bhiwani- had submitted CCTV footage as alibi of them not being in town during the date and time of the alleged incident. Their four-day police remand ended on Sunday.

The police produced them, along with the new accused, in a local court on Sunday, which remanded all four of them in three-day police custody.

DSP Pushpa Khatri, heading the SIT, said, “Right now I can only give this much information. Further probe is required to bring out more details. That’s why we have sought police remand of the accused.”

The counsel of the three accused arrested earlier on the complaint of the victim said they would file defamation and criminal cases against the girl and her kin for falsely implicating them.