Ankita’s room catches fire during Ganesh Chaturthi, escapes with minor injuries | tv | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 28, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Ankita’s room catches fire during Ganesh Chaturthi, escapes with minor injuries

TV actress Ankita Lokhande had a narrow escape on when her bedroom caught fire during Ganesh Chaturthi festivities.

tv Updated: Sep 09, 2016 14:02 IST
Soumya Srivastava
Ankita Lokhande

Ankita is now thanking her good karma that only her hands and neck were severed in the fire and her face was left unharmed. (Instagram)

TV actress Ankita Lokhande had a narrow escape when her bedroom caught fire during Ganesh Chaturthi festivities. Reports suggest that she escaped with minor injuries to her hands and neck.

The actress told Yahoo.com on Thursday that she’d lit an aroma candle in her room during pooja. However, the curtains caught fire, and soon the blaze spread through the entire room.

“I tried a lot to salvage the disaster but in the process, I burnt both my hands and neck. Thank God that my face was not burnt! And you know what! Right outside my bedroom balcony, I had 4 gas cylinders, I shudder to think what would have happened if...,” she said in the interview.

Ankita said that she is now recovering from the burns on her hands and neck. “The wounds are healing but I have to be very careful as they can’t rub against my clothes or any objects. It hurts and it hurts a lot. My bedroom is a wreck and the repairs are on.”

She even posted a picture on Instagram with her neck all wrapped up in a white shawl.

Under wrap...

A photo posted by Aankita S Lokhaande (@lokhandeankita) on

Follow @htshowbiz for more