Articles by Deutsche Welle
- It’s too soon to understand the effectiveness of a fourth vaccine dose, according to the top EU drug regulator. But some countries have already authorized the shot.
Published on Jan 18, 2022 06:36 PM IST
- Israeli researchers found that a fourth COVID-19 booster provided "only partial defence" against Omicron. Meanwhile, US drug maker Moderna plans to have a vaccine ready for the variant this spring. Follow DW for more.
Published on Jan 18, 2022 09:04 AM IST
The world's 10 richest men doubled their fortunes during the Covid-19 pandemic as poverty and inequality soared, an Oxfam study revealed.
Published on Jan 17, 2022 01:45 PM IST
- His plays, such as "Tartuffe" or "Don Juan," were scandalous and banned. As the world celebrates Moliere's 400th anniversary, here's a look at the French playwright's works.
Published on Jan 16, 2022 09:33 AM IST
- Doctors in several cities report an increasing number of Covid infections among children, with many of those infected by the virus showing symptoms such as fever, cough, chills, diarrhea and respiratory problems.
Published on Jan 15, 2022 08:27 AM IST
- Spencer Elden, the naked baby on the cover of Nirvana's iconic Nevermind album, has filed a new lawsuit accusing the band of sexual exploitation, after his previous case was dismissed.
Published on Jan 14, 2022 03:14 PM IST
- As scientists predict dementia cases will triple over the next three decades, we asked an expert how to identify the early symptoms and what we can do to avoid it.
Published on Jan 14, 2022 11:21 AM IST
- Researchers say Epstein-Barr-Virus is a main cause of MS, which affects 2.8 million people worldwide. New treatments and prevention may now be possible.
Published on Jan 14, 2022 09:25 AM IST
- Omicron may infect 60% of the world's population by mid-March. That may mean global infections of 5 million per day.
Published on Jan 13, 2022 07:41 AM IST
- Hospitals throughout major Indian cities are bracing for the worst as a third wave looms, and scores of doctors and nurses are now infected with the coronavirus.
Published on Jan 12, 2022 07:37 AM IST
- A researcher in Cyprus claims to have found a new coronavirus variant that combines characteristics of delta and omicron. Other researchers have their doubts. But the Cypriot scientist has doubled down on his discovery.
Published on Jan 11, 2022 09:46 AM IST
- New regulations in Italy mean most public travel and team sports are off-limits to those without a Covid-19 jab. Meanwhile, Uganda has ended the worlds-longest break for in-person learning.
Published on Jan 10, 2022 01:37 PM IST
- Turkmenistan's president has said he wants to close a popular tourist attraction known as the "Gates of Hell." The site is a spectacular natural gas crater that has burned for decades.
Published on Jan 09, 2022 09:01 AM IST
- From the Grammys to the Golden Globes, from Carnival to Oktoberfest: Many organizers are rethinking, postponing or even canceling large events due to the highly contagious covid variant. Here's a list.
Published on Jan 08, 2022 07:44 AM IST
- Coworking spaces aren't only for cutting-edge start-ups. More and more companies are mulling over the future of work. Since the pandemic, mobile offices and hybrid models have become a greater part of the equation.
Updated on Jan 07, 2022 04:56 PM IST
- Sunlight has damaged the composer's historical statue. The Bonn landmark, unveiled in 1845, should return to its location in the summer.
Published on Jan 07, 2022 09:27 AM IST
- Modotti's modern shots remain style-defining, with Madonna being a collector. Yet, she traded in her camera in 1931 to serve the Communist Party of Moscow.
Published on Jan 06, 2022 11:25 AM IST
- Each week, Ghana receives 15 million items of used clothing sent from the West. But 40% of the products get discarded due to poor quality. They end up at landfills and in bodies of water, polluting entire ecosystems.
Published on Jan 06, 2022 11:18 AM IST
- Although Omicron is more infectious than the delta variant, officials say that the rate of hospitalisation is likely to be lower. Also, hospitals are better prepared now than they were last year.
Published on Jan 05, 2022 07:43 AM IST
- Coronavirus infections are surging in Germany. What does this mean for tourists? Here are the answers to some of the most pressing questions.
Published on Jan 04, 2022 07:26 PM IST
- J. R. R. Tolkien, born 130 years ago, gained global fame with "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings." Life events inspired his stories from the fictional Middle-earth.
Published on Jan 03, 2022 07:27 PM IST
- A lot of people hope that the coronavirus will disappear as quickly as it came. But many virologists assume the virus will become endemic, especially with Omicron. This means we'll have to live with it.
Published on Jan 03, 2022 03:06 PM IST
- What do the Fab Four have in common with J.K.Rowling, Oprah Winfrey, and Steven Spielberg? Here's a hint: it's neither fame nor fortune.
Published on Jan 01, 2022 06:41 PM IST
- If you have been feeling anxious sad during the holidays, you are not alone. The blues is common this time of year — here's how to handle it.
Updated on Jan 01, 2022 11:40 AM IST
- Wolfgang Preiser, the virologist who first discovered Omicron, has spoken about the rapid rise in cases of covid-19. He predicts that most people will catch the new variant.
Published on Dec 31, 2021 07:52 AM IST
- A year after Britain's new trade pact with the EU was sealed, UK exports to the bloc have plunged. With unfinished business around fisheries, Northern Ireland and financial services, what's next for Brexit?
Published on Dec 30, 2021 04:14 PM IST
- Much of Europe, the US and even Australia are logging record covid caseloads as the omicron variant spreads. The WHO has warned that the variant still posed a "very high" risk.
Published on Dec 30, 2021 07:46 AM IST
- As the United States cuts isolation time for asymptomatic COVID cases in half, scientists are worried that business is being put above health.
Published on Dec 29, 2021 12:44 PM IST
- As covid restrictions are eased, small clubs are bringing people back for stand-up comedy shows. Some producers are using this opportunity to fix the skewed gender ratio in lineups as well as audiences.
Updated on Dec 29, 2021 07:45 AM IST