Over 100 suffer from food poisoning after community feast in Tikamgarh
Over 100 people were taken ill due to food poisoning after taking lunch at a religious community feast (bhandara) in MP’s Tikamgarh district on Friday.bhopal Updated: Oct 23, 2015 18:57 IST
Over 100 people were taken ill due to food poisoning after taking lunch at a religious community feast (bhandara) in MP’s Tikamgarh district on Friday.
Ninety four people including children have been admitted at Kudera health centre for treatment, said a health official.
Chief medical and health officer (CMHO) Tikamgarh Dr AK Tiwari told HT over phone that after having lunch at a local bhandara (religious community feast) in Naniteri village, nearly 25 kms from the district headquarters, the villagers started having symptoms like abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea and so on.
Dr Tiwari said that a team of health officials were attending the patients and due treatment was being provided to them. He said though all of them were out of danger, they were yet to be discharged.
Dr Tiwari said that food inspectors have taken samples of the food that had been served in the feast. He added that the samples would be sent testing.
“The bhandara was organised by some people of Rajak community and puris and veggies were served apart from some sweet dish. After test it will become clear what led to food poisoning”, he said.
Earlier this year many incidents of food poisoning were reported from across the state. On February 24, sixty-seven people suffered from food poisoning after having dinner at a wedding reception in Kharghone district.
On the occasion of the world health day celebrations on April 7, 150 people got sick following dinner at a wedding reception in Dewas district. On April 23, over 90 persons fell ill after having lunch at a wedding reception in Ratlam district.
First Published: Oct 23, 2015 18:57 IST