A look at the movies releasing on Friday
Imtiaz Ali's Highway, George Clooney's The Monuments Men, Jimmy Sheirgill's Darr@ The Mall and action adeventure film Pompeii release this Friday.
Director: Imtiaz Ali
Cast: Randeep Hooda and Alia Bhatt
Synopsis: A young city girl, full of life, is on the highway at night with her fiance. They are scheduled to get married in four days. Suddenly, her life is swung upside down when she is kidnapped by a group of rustic criminals. But the gang realises that the girl is an industrialist’s daughter, and his links in the power corridors make ransom out of the question. But the leader wants to go ahead with the plan anyway. Days pass in confusion and horror for the girl. But, as the tr-uck runs and miles turn, she feels that she has changed as well. Gradually, a strange bond begins to develop between the victim and the oppressor. It is in this captivity that she, for the first time in her life, feels free.
The Monuments Men
Genre: Historical drama
Director: George Clooney
Cast: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray
Synopsis: Based on the true story of one of the greatest treasure hunts in history, The Monuments Men focuses on an unlikely World War II platoon, going into Germany to rescue artistic masterpieces from Nazi thieves and returning them to their rightful owners. But it would be a challenging mission: with art trapped behind enemy lines, and with the German army under orders to destroy everything as the Reich fell, how could these seven museum directors, curators and art historians, possibly hope to succeed? But as Monuments Men, as they were called, found themselves in a race against time to avoid the destruction of 1,000 years of culture, they would risk their lives to protect and defend mankind’s greatest achievements.
Darr @ The Mall
Director: Pavan Kripalani
Cast: Jimmy Shergill, Neeraj Sood
Synopsis: Asia’s largest mall is ready for inauguration, but there’s a myth surrounding it. Over the period of its construction, people began labelling it as a haunted mall. Legend has it that the mall is haunted with the presence of a ‘chudail’ (witch). Though, no one has seen its presence, the fear among people is palpable. On the opening eve, the owner, Mr Manchanda calls a press conference to dispel fears about the mall by announcing that he would spend a night at the mall with the board of directors. But they are not the only ones inside the mall that night. Manchanda’s daughter Ahana and her friends make their way inside, as does Vishnu, the chief of security at the mall. What happens next forms the rest of the story.
Genre: Action adventure
Director: Paul WS Anderson
Cast: Kit Harington, Emily Browning, Kiefer Sutherland
Synopsis: Set in 79 A.D., Pompeii tells the story of Milo, a slave-turned-gladiator, who finds himself in a race against time to save his true love Cassia, the daughter of a wealthy merchant, who has been unwillingly betrothed to a corrupt Roman senator. As Mount Vesuvius erupts in a torrent of blazing lava, Milo must fight his way out of the arena to save his beloved as the once magnificent Pompeii crumbles around him.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ananya Panday on Thursday shared a picture with her team mates from Liger as they all went for dinner together. See her picture here. Liger stars Ananya and Vijay Deverakonda in the lead.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram to wish her brother Ibrahim Ali Khan on his birthday on Friday. See his specially designed football-shaped cake.
- Kangana Ranaut has posted a video from the sets of Tejas in which she can be seen training on a net. She plays an Indian Air Force pilot in the film.
- Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan tied the knot in 2012. At the time, Brad Pitt wished the couple 'all the luck' on their marriage.
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.