Aamir Khan’s daughter Ira talks about living by herself, says ‘it’s a nice feeling’, see pic
Actor Aamir Khan’s daughter Ira is quite active on social media and routinely shares updates on her life. She took to Instagram Stories to post a picture of herself as she spoke about her home.
Sharing a selfie, she wrote: “I shifted in July and I felt like it hadn’t really hit me that I had a new home...that I was living on my own. Today I came home and that’s what I was thinking ‘I’m home.’ It’s nice feeling.”
At the time when she moved into her new home, she had shared pictures of the new place. She had written in July: “Look at my new home,” and added the hashtags, “#movingout, #myspace, #firsttime, #newbeginnings, #milestone, #cantwait, #lettheadultingbegin and #manvshouse.”
Ira made news some time back when she declared that she was clinically depressed. In October this year on the occasion of World Mental Health Day, she had shared a video of herself speaking to camera. Ira wrote in an Instagram post, “A lot has been going on, a lot of people have a lot to say. Things are really confusing and stressful and simple and okay but not okay and... life all together. There’s no way to say it all in one go. But I’d like to think I’ve figured some stuff out, or at least figured out how to make it slightly more understandable. About mental health and mental ill-health. So come with me on this journey... in my awkward, quirky, sometimes-baby-voice-y, as-honest-as-I-can-be... way. Let’s start a conversation. Happy World Mental Health Day.”
In the video, she had said: “Hi, I’m depressed. I have been for more than four years now. I’ve been to a doctor and I’m clinically depressed. I’m doing much better now. For over a year now, I wanted to do something for mental health, but I wasn’t sure what to do. So, I have decided to take you on a journey, my journey, and see what happens. Hopefully, we will get to know ourselves slightly better, understand mental illness better.”
Unlike other star kids, Ira had not taken to her father’s profession and attempted to take a whole new path. She had directed a play. In December last year, she had made her directorial debut with Medea. On the occasion, her father Aamir had shared a poster of the play and had a sound bit of advice for his daughter. He had written: “Break a leg Ira. Proud of you. Love. a.” Medea is an ancient Greek play, revolving around a woman’s calculated revenge against her unfaithful husband. The play starred Yuvraj Singh’s wife actor Hazel Keech in the lead.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A picture of Khushi Kapoor and her cousin, Shanaya, taking dance lessons, is being widely shared online.
- Masaba Gupta has thanked her mother, actor Neena Gupta, for keeping her grounded. "I have seen kids who are really bad at what they do, being told that they are kings and queens," she said.
- Actor Varun Dhawan, who recently tied the knot with Natasha Dalal, has hinted that photographer Rohan Shrestha might soon get married, too. Rohan is rumoured to be dating Shraddha Kapoor.
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's award-winning film, The Disciple, will be released on Netflix.
- Actor Kajol has said that it is not possible to love your children all the time, and that if you manage to love them 60% of the time, you have a fantastic relationship with your kids.