Abhishek Kapoor to work for both Ekta and Farhan
Director-scriptwriter Abhishek Kapoor, who was on a break, thanks to TV show, Khatron Ke Khiladi X 3 on Colors, is back to the grind. “That’s the benefit of not having a salaried job. I can take time off whenever I want,” he says.
Buzz is that Kapoor’s next after Rock On!! Will be for actor-director Farhan Akhtar’s Excel Entertainment. “I can’t disclose details and the cast, it’s too early. But if all goes well, the film should start early next year. The wait will be worth it, I can promise,” asserts Kapoor.
It’s also rumoured he will be directing a film for sister Ekta’s company, Alt Entertainment. When asked, without accepting or denying the news, Abhishek says, “I’m in talks with several producers but nothing has been finalised as yet. Before leaving for Brazil, I watched Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai. It’s superlative and upped the standard of work I want to put in for a film I make for Ekta. I cannot disappoint my sister because I love her too dearly. But yes, sooner or later, a film for Ekta should happen.”
Abhishek connected with his sister cousin when he found out that she had fractured her wrist recently. “Ekta was in Dubai when we spoke. She was said she was fine. She is mighty kicked about my show. She wanted to know the stunts I was expected to perform on the show. She excitedly said, ‘Gattu bhaiyya, you have to make me proud’” Abhishek beams.
After doing a TV show, would he reconsider acting or another TV show? “I was a flop hero yaar!” Abhishek jokes. “But I didn’t give up. I continued to work, made a few films. Rock On!! turned my life around. Today, if I’m offered a role that catches my fancy, I’ll do it. Ditto for a reality show.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.