Anna Hazare says yes to Bollywood movie
It’s a dream come true for the makers and cast of Gali Gali Chor Hai. Lokpal Bill activist Anna Hazare has agreed to watch their political satire, which will be screened in his native village, Ralegan Siddhi.
“Our film depicts what Anna’s movement stands for. He is also talking about how the common man gets embroiled in an increasingly corrupt system,” says producer Nitin Manmohan, adding, “We thought that if Anna watches the movie, and gives us his blessings, it would be great because his vision is reflected in the plot.” With this proposal in mind, Nitin approached Anna’s core team, and the 74-year-old agreed. “His co-ordinator Suresh Pathare confirmed through email that Anna would like to watch it on January 24,” reveals Nitin.
The cast, including lead actors Akshaye Khanna and Shriya Saran with Rajpal Yadav, Satish Kaushik and Mugdha Godse, will accompany the producer to Ralegan Siddhi for the screening.
There are no cinema halls or auditoriums in the village, so the producer plans to carry a screen, projector and sound system along with him and set it up. “I have already sent some people there to do a ground survey on where to set up the projector and screen for the show,” explains Nitin.
Prod him on whether he will consider including any suggestions Anna might have about the content of the film, and he says, “It’s a satire on corruption, so I don’t think Anna will have any complaints. Though, if there are some suggestions, we will be happy to consider them.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.
- Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora were spotted at Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's residence in Mumbai on Sunday. During his visit, Arjun was captured scolding a photographer for climbing the wall of Kareena's building.
- Actor Kareena Kapoor Khan has shared the first picture of herself after becoming a mother for the second time. "Missed you all," she wrote. See the picture here.
- Alia Bhatt is also a producer now. The Gangubai Kathiawadi actor shared the news and said how she intends to tell happy and real tales.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter Navya Naveli Nanda shared new pictures with her friends. See them here.
- Interior designer Gauri Khan shared a throwback picture with actor-husband Shah Rukh Khan. See it here.
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan, who welcomed their second son earlier this month, got a visit from Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora and Karisma Kapoor.
- Kangana Ranaut played hostess for the team of Tejas, as they went to her house on Sunday for a meeting. She shared pictures of the get-together, giving fans a glimpse of her home as well.
- Aamna Imran, dubbed as Aishwarya Rai's doppelgänger, took the internet by storm this weekend with her uncanny resemblance to the Bollywood actor. The Pakistani social media influencer has revealed that she has an Indian connect.
- Roohi actor Varun Sharma opened up about his love life in a recent interview. He recalled bonding with a girl he liked from school when his mother was busy watching Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.