Anurag upset with IFFI
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap is not happy with the choice of films being screened at the International Film Festival of India (IFFI), saying that it doesn’t represent the emerging voices in Indian cinema.
Kashyap, who introduced celebrated Turkish-German filmmaker Fatih Akin in a masterclass, said that the organisers are not well versed with the new batch of Indian filmmakers and their work.
“All the films they have shown are from the last five years. Nothing new is being shown. I have all the DVDs of these films at my home and can start a festival if I want,” Kashyap told reporters. The Dev D director said that a film like Vihir should have been shown in the festival last year itself but the organisers woke up to the film only after it got international recognition.
“I feel that we don’t have a respect for our own cinema. They are showing Vihir now, when it has won several awards internationally. Film Bazaar is showing Akin’s film Soul Kitchen now, but IFFI is unaware. He is such an amazing filmmaker but the officials are obviously not aware about him. It is really sad,” he said.
When asked about his upcoming film, The Girl in Yellow Boots, which was screened atfestivals in Venice and Toronto, he said that he was never approached by IFFI organisers.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Pranutan: What can I do if people want to believe in masala stories about nepotism, and not the truth
Anil Kapoor: Earlier it was like test match, today it’s IPL, the field is exciting for everyone in showbiz
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.