Avengers stars Robert Downey Jr, Chris Hemsworth get the FaceApp treatment, ‘Old Steve Rogers looks the same’, say fans
Actor Jeremy Renner has shared a picture of himself and his Avengers: Endgame co-stars Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo and Chris Hemsworth, all filtered through the viral FaceApp. The mobile photo application uses AI to make faces appear aged.
Renner captioned the image, “Wow!! When ENDGAME is truly the END of the line... hahaha.” When he posted the original picture in May, he’d written that it was ‘one of the best days on set’. The new picture shows the five main (male) Avengers looking like they’ve all recently returned from a life well lived in an alternate timeline.
Fans noticed how Chris Evans basically looks exactly like he did in old-age makeup at the end of Avengers: Endgame. “Well Steve still looks like himself,” one fan wrote in the comments section. “Old man Cap looked just like this picture!!” wrote another. “Love that Chris looks no different,” commented another fan.
Others were taken aback by Ruffalo’s appearance. “Mark looks straight up from a horror movie,” the visual artist BossLogic wrote. “Can we all talk about how cute and soft Mark looks?” wrote another fan.
The FaceApp has become the new obsession online, with everyone, including celebrities, having fun with it and sharing the results. Bollywood stars such as Varun Dhawan and Arjun Kapoor have also shared pictures of their older avatars.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Armie Hammer was contacted by the Cayman Islands police after they received a complaint about a video he posted on a private Instagram account. The video showed a woman posing on all-fours in a hotel room.
- The White Tiger movie review: Adarsh Gourav delivers a star-making performance in Ramin Bahrani's angry answer to Slumdog Millionaire, co-starring Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Rajkummar Rao.
- Actor Tom Holland spoke about the arduous audition process for Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the time he thought he'd be fired from the role.
- A life-size cutout of Ana de Armas was trashed outside Ben Affleck's house, amid reports of their breakup.
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.