Bigg Boss 13: Want to kill person who tried to molest Arti Singh, says Kashmera Shah
“I am totally blindsided. Krushna and I have no idea about this,” Kashmera told Pinkvilla. She is married to comedian and TV host Krushna Abhishek, who also happens to be Arti’s brother.
“Only after I speak to Arti, I will be clear on this. I am deeply hurt and concerned and wish she had spoken to us about it. Of course, I want to kill the person who tried to molest her. I am devastated. I am someone who stands up for victims and I did not know I had a victim in my family.”
Arti had made the revelation during a recent Weekend Ka Var episode of Bigg Boss, which featured acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal and actor Deepika Padukone as special guests. In the episode, Laxmi urged contestants to speak about traumatic experiences.
Arti had said, ”My own help tried to rape me inside my house when I was 13. I wanted to talk about this and share it with Paras as I feel he is sensitive enough. I told him I can’t sleep alone, even today I need to latch the door before I sleep.” She added, “My hands are shivering as I speak. I wanted to share this as we are on a platform where many girls are watching women like us and they need to know they must speak up whenever they face such crimes.”
Describing the incident in detail, Arti had said, “So I was all alone in my house, sleeping when my servant tried his best to rape me. I cried, yelled, tore his clothes…We stayed in Lucknow where everyone sleeps around 3 in the afternoon. I shouted and then somehow escaped and jumped from the second floor. That is when I realized my own power. Even today, I call myself God’s child.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In a special video for International Women's Day, Shweta Tiwari addresses her daughter Palak and remembers her own fight against domestic violence. Check it out here.
- Rubina Dilaik cheered for Tony Kakkar and Aly Goni as the music video of Tera Suit released but did not tag Jasmin Bhasin. Rubina and Jasmin's relationship soured on Bigg Boss 14.
- Abhinav Shukla was spotted at the Mumbai airport on Monday. He was asked by photographers about his good looks for which he had a classy reply.
- Fans of Netflix's The Crown took to Twitter following the Prince Harry-Meghan Markle interview with Oprah Winfrey. Here's how they reacted.
- Simi Garewal on Monday said that she doesn't believe what Meghan Markle said in an interview with Oprah Winfrey, and called the Duchess of Sussex 'evil' for playing the victim and race cards.
- Bigg Boss 14's Jasmin Bhasin issue a clarification on Twitter after Rubina Dilaik's fans attacked her. Fans associated her tweet on Sunday about manipulative people with the Bigg Boss 14 winner.
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Rannvijay Singha of Roadies fame wished his wife Prianka Singha on her birthday on Sunday. They recently announced they were expecting their second child together.