Bol Bachchan music fails to hold interest
Film: Bol Bachchan
Music Director: Himesh Reshammiya, Ajay-Atul
Lyricist: Farhad-Sajid, Shabbir Ahmed, Swanand Kirkire, Sameer Anjaan
Singers: Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Ajay Devgn, Himesh Reshammiya, Mamta Sharma, Vineet Singh, Sukhwinder Singh, Shreya Ghoshal, Mohit Chauhan Rating- **1/2
Four songs and their remixes -- that pretty much describes the soundtrack of Bol Bachchan. However, with four lyricists at their disposal, one expected a much better performance by the veteran Himesh Reshammiya and the duo of Ajay-Atul, who have earned much fame in Marathi music with their compositions.
The album starts on a good note with the voice of Big B, who has used his baritone in the title track Bol Bachchan. He is joined by son Abhishek and actor Ajay along with Himesh Reshammiya, Mamta Sharma and Vineet Singh.
The lyrics, penned by Farhad-Sajid are funny and remind the listeners of Amitabh's classic number My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves. The composition is also good and this one is surely the catch of the soundtrack. It also has a remix version, replete with powerful beats. But the original works better.
Reshammiya gets you into the groove with Chalao Na Naino Se Baan, reminiscent of the yesteryear hit Bholi Surat Dil Ke Khote. The song has a very desi feel with playful lyrics by Shabbir Ahmed.
However, despite the support of Shreya Ghoshal's melodious vocals, the song does not leave a huge impact and is good for a one-time hear. Its remix version fares better musically with the inclusion of dhol and drum beats.
The third track Nach Le Nach Le has a tango feel and kicks off with the beautiful sound of the saxophone. The musical duo of Ajay-Atul bring to the table different musical styles like dandiya and groovy Punjabi beats, providing a festive feel by mashing the music elements quite well.
The lyrics by Swanand Kirkire are voiced by Sukhwinder Singh, who is quite appealing. He is joined by Ghoshal and together they have done a fairly good job. Nothing too great about the remixed version, and its inclusion is hard to justify. It's definitely a passe.
With the last track, one was hoping for a good ending with Mohit Chauhan crooning a romantic number. However, Jab Se Dekhi Hai is a very average track with a very ordinary composition.
Chauhan's beautiful voice has been totally wasted and the song fails to garner a positive response from the listener. What's more tragic is it's remix, which although has good electric beats but they are not at all in sync with the vocals.
The soundtrack thus fails to impress. The sole saving grace is the title track. There will be few takers for this album and it also jeopardises the musical genius Himesh Reshammiya, who needs to think about what went wrong here.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.