Bollywood showers blessings on Karan Johar’s twins
Karan Johar’s friends and colleagues from Bollywood including Priyanka Chopra, Alia Bhatt and Farah Khan, have expressed their happiness for the director, who has welcomed twins through surrogacy. The 44-year-old director has named his daughter Roohi and his son Yash, after his late father Yash Johar.
Taking to Twitter, the stars congratulated Johar on the arrival of his little ones.
Alia, who considers Johar her mentor and guide, was the first one to wish the filmmaker on social media.
“Finally I can say I have a younger brother AND sister!!! So so so happy!!! So much love to give uff bursting with joy,” she tweeted.
Farah posted, “Glad you took my advice seriously @karanjohar Best thing to happen to you... And they’ll be the youngest people you hang out with so all’s good.”
Sidharth Malhotra, who made his Bollywood debut with Johar’s “Student of the Year” alongside Alia and Varun Dhawan, is elated with the decision of his first time director.
“So happy you took this decision Johar! It’s a full house now. You will be an amazing father, love to your new big family,” he tweeted.
An excited Varun posted, “Karan you are the best human being I know and Im sure you will make the best dad. Can’t wait to meet these lil munchkins.”
Sushant Singh Rajput, who is busy shooting Johar’s next film Drive, congratulated the producer on his biggest day.
“I’d such a big smile this morning when I read about this. Lots and lots of love @karanjohar and a big hearty congratulations,” Sushant wrote.
Arjun Rampal tweeted, “@karanjohar Congratulations Johar, this is the best news in years. You will make an amazing parent. Love to the little ones. God bless.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Karan Johar wished everyone on International Women's Day with a cute picture of daughter Roohi and him. See it here.
- After celebrating her sister's birthday, Khushi Kapoor took a flight out of India to visit her close friend Aaliyah Kashyap. The latter shared glimpses of Khushi's visit.
- Shahid Kapoor and his glamorous wife Mira Rajput rocked the airport look on Tuesday. See their pictures here.
- Suhana Khan shared another picture with her friends as she partied in New York. Just a day before, she had shared another photo picture with her friends.
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'