Hansal Mehta reveals if he is ‘not on good terms’ with Kangana Ranaut after Simran
Filmmaker Hansal Mehta dismissed speculation that he is ‘not on good terms’ with actor Kangana Ranaut, whom he directed in Simran. Responding to a Twitter user who asked him about his equation with her, he counter-questioned if ‘disagreements’ were an indication of a fallout.
On Thursday, Hansal had praised Mumbai in a tweet, saying that one ‘could spew venom on it but it will still welcome you with open arms’. While he did not take any names, it seemed to be a response to Kangana, who had compared the city to Pakistan-occupied Kashmir recently.
This led to a Twitter user asking, “@mehtahansal you worked with kangana in simran. Not on good terms with her anymore?” Hansal replied, “Disagreements mean not on good terms?”
Simran was at the centre of a controversy after writer-editor Apurva Asrani accused Kangana of taking credit for his script. She hit back saying that his original script was not commercially viable and she reworked it to a large extent.
Rumours were also rife that Hansal faced trouble with Kangana during the making of Simran, but he did not comment on the issue. It was only last year that he broke his silence and said that ‘the details of what really transpired during the film will remain a painful chapter of my life’. He also explained his decision to stay mum all this while.
“I chose to remain silent before the film released because there was no way I could sabotage a film that had the efforts of so many people at stake. I chose to remain silent after the release because I was relieved that the film was finally out and I did not want to re-live what I had endured. I had to move on for my own sanity,” he wrote in a statement shared on Twitter.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.
- In the past, Priyanka Chopra stood up for her friend, Meghan Markle, and called the treatment of her by the press 'racist'. Here's what she had said.
- Kareena Kapoor's friends and family members reacted to her Women's Day post, in which she shared the first picture of her second son.
- On the occasion of International Women's Day, Parineeti Chopra released the trailer of her upcoming sports-themed movie Saina. She plays the role of badminton champion Saina Nehwal.
- Sunny Leone, in a new video shared on Instagram, gave a glimpse into her journey from being boycotted at awards shows and facing criticism to professional success and personal happiness.
- Madhuri Dixit took to social media to wish her son Ryan as he turned 16. She also posted pictures of other family members on the occasion.