Happy birthday Shweta Bachchan: Here are her best pics with dad Amitabh Bachchan, sis-in-law Aishwarya Rai
Amitabh Bachchan is very close to his daughter Shweta Bachchan Nanda, who turns 46 on Tuesday. The actor often posts pictures of his time with her and showers her with love and praise on social media.
Married to businessman Nikhil Nanda, Shweta has two kids - daughter Navya Naveli and son Agastya. After appearing on several talk shows and featuring in several magazines, Shweta debuted as a writer with the launch of her novel, Paradise Towers in 2018. She recently unveiled her first ever luxury collection at a show in Mumbai last month.
Amitabh was a proud father and turned emotional on seeing her wearing a jacket from her own collection which had the actor’s face printed on the sleeve. Expressing his feelings, he’d written, “A day of glory and pride .. when progeny excels .. when they achieve .. when they bring the eyes to moisten .. when independent hard work fructifies and the World sees and applauds .. when you see the glimmer and glow in the countenance.” He added, “Love to you Shweta .. and the pride you give to all of us.”
He had also shared a post to express delight on her evolution from a child to a wonderful adult. “ kab ye aise se aisi ban gayi pata hi nahin chala,” he had written.
On the day of her birthday, Amitabh took to Twitter on Shweta’s behalf to thank fans for their wishes. He wrote, “T 3472 - To all that send their wishes for Shweta on her birthday .. my most grateful thanks and gratitude .. All is well so far .. be safe , be in precaution and care ..”
Shweta also happens to be the daughter-in-law of superstar Raj Kapoor’s daughter -- late Ritu Nanda, who died last year after a long battle with cancer. She is often spotted at events and parties with the Bachchan family.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.