HTLS 2020: Nick Jonas on being the ‘national jiju’, breaking millions of hearts after marrying Priyanka Chopra
Singer-actor Nick Jonas spoke about being the ‘jiju’ to an entire nation, at the 18th Hindustan Times Leadership Summit on Friday. Nick participated in the virtual interaction with wife, actor Priyanka Chopra.
In the interview, Nick expressed his gratitude for the love that Indian fans have given him, and expressed a desire to visit the country again once it is safe to do so. He said, “In our 12-13 years of working and touring, we’d never made it over to India. It was significant and special that my first trip was with Priyanka. We’ve been back many times now, and each trip has been such a great experience.”
Priyanka said that they had intended on staying back in India longer, after they celebrated Holi in Mumbai earlier this year, but were forced to alter their plans because of the corornavirus pandemic.
“So many laddoos stuffed in your face, for some reason,” Priyanka said, when Nick spoke about his love for Indian food. “Jiju was given many, many laddoos,” she said, giving him a cuddle. Speaking about the mantle of ‘national jiju’, Nick said, “I think Priyanka is a sister to the country, in a way, so I’m happy to be sister’s husband.”
Priyanka interjected, “I became the sister when you married me! I wasn’t before.” She continued, “I think the name was coined during our wedding. On social media, we started seeing ‘national jiju’ trending everywhere, it was so cute.”
The couple recently celebrated their second wedding anniversary, and is currently in London, where Priyanka is shooting for her new film. They tied the know in a lavish ceremony at Jodhpur’s Umaid Bhavan Palace in 2018.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Janhvi Kapoor rang in her birthday on Saturday. On the occasion, the actor's sister Khushi took to Instagram and shared a video of a little Janhvi dancing in the house.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui has commented after his wife, Aaliya, halted divorce proceedings against him. The couple has said that their priority is their children.
- Watch little Inaaya Naumi Kemmu call a peacock for food and then get disappointed when it doesn't heed to her calls.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has said that she is willing to restart life with the actor after seeing his caring side for the last few days.
- Ahead of the release of Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor talked about why she did not use her mother Sridevi's ChaalBaaz as a reference point, facing criticism from a young age and her upcoming projects.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.