In 2016, Aamir Khan had addressed same fake interview shared by Kangana Ranaut, here’s what he had said
Earlier last week, Kangana Ranaut had shared an ‘interview’ of Aamir Khan, accusing him of ‘kattarpanthi’ (extremist religious views). Later, the interview was proven to be fake.
In the fake interview, Aamir was shown to be saying that even though he is a Muslim and his wife (filmmaker Kiran Rao) a Hindu, their children will only be brought up with Islamic culture and traditions. Sharing it, Kangana had tweeted that ‘outcome of a marriage is not just a blend of genes and cultures but even religions’, asking the actor to teach his children ‘Allah ki ebadat bhi seekhayein aur Shri Krishn ki Bhakti bhi’.
In another tweeet, she asked when did Aamir become ‘so intolerant’.
Also Watch | ‘Power of social media in Sushant case inspired me’: Kangana Ranaut on Twitter debut
However, the interview was a complete fake. Back in 2016 itself, Aamir had said in an interview with Rajat Sharma that he had filed an FIR against the same. Aamir said he had been watching a conspiracy unfolding against him since a long time. “I could see that people were being provoked against me. There was a weird interview in which I am shown to be saying that ‘I am a Muslim, my kids will be Muslims, so what if my wife is a Hindu’. These weird interviews that were supposed to be mine, were going viral in the media. My pictures were being shared that I am mingling with terrorists. So such rumours were being spread about me,” he said. Aamir, therefore, filed a complaint with the police who caught two men in relation to the case. One was the one who created the fake video and the other was arrested for spreading it on internet.
Kangana, however, has still not deleted her tweet.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.