Kangana Ranaut responds to Boycott Kangana emerging as top trend on Twitter: ‘Mice are coming out of their holes’
Kangana Ranaut has responded to the #Boycott_Kangana trend on Twitter, calling it an attempt by the ‘mafia’ to bring her down. She has often alleged the existence of a ‘mafia’ in Bollywood, which uses its clout to further the career of star kids and gang up on outsiders.
In a tweet, Kangana wrote, “Wonderful #Boycott_Kangana trending, chuhe bilon se bahar aa rahe hai. Chalo, thoda haath pair toh mafia bhi maaregi (the mice are coming out of their holes. Well, the mafia will try whatever it can).”
Last week, Kangana claimed that the ‘movie mafia’ was trying to get her Twitter account suspended, which is why she was using her ‘limited’ time on the microblogging site to expose them. Earlier, her sister and manager Rangoli Chandel’s Twitter account was suspended for her controversial posts with communal undertones.
“My friends here may find my talks unidimensional, mostly directed at movie mafia,their antinational and Hinduphobic racket.I know my time is limited here,they can get my account suspended any minute, even though I have a lot to share but I must utilise this time to expose them,” Kangana had written on Twitter.
Earlier, in an interview with Republic TV, Kangana said that the ‘movie mafia’ attempted to destroy her financially, socially and professionally. She said that after she rose to the top position with the release of Tanu Weds Manu Returns, a legal case was ‘suddenly’ slapped on her, which led to her being dropped by 19 brands overnight.
“Of course, that case did not go anywhere but all the brands dropped me. I had made some investments considering those contracts. I was in big trouble,” Kangana said, adding that her chances at getting married and having a family were also destroyed, after she was portrayed as a ‘man-eater’ and ‘nymphomaniac’.
“Then they started to claim, she is a man-eater, she sends her nude pictures, she is mixing her blood, she is a witch. Two days ago, I was a beautiful girl persuaded by many men. Suddenly, I see that maybe marriage is not an option for my life,” she said. She also said that Karan Johar ‘openly declared’, to applause and hooting, that she should leave Bollywood. She claimed that after these incidents, she had thoughts of ‘just shaving (her) head and disappearing’.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.