Inside Sonam Kapoor’s birthday bash: Janhvi, Ananya bring millennial power, Malaika Arora has old-world charm. See pics
Actor Sonam Kapoor celebrated her 34th birthday on Sunday, with her siblings, cousins, friends, family, and husband Anand Ahuja in attendance. Also present were actors Janhvi Kapoor, Ananya Panday, Arjun Kapoor, Varun Dhawan and others.
Filmmaker Karan Johar took to Instagram to share pictures from the party, which show him posing with the birthday girl. He captioned a picture of sisters Janhvi and Khushi Kapoor, posing alongside their friends, Ananya Panday and Shanaya Kapoor, “Millennial mode.” Karan has launched both Janhvi and Ananya in Bollywood with Dhadak and Student of the Year 2, respectively. Another picture showed the filmmaker posing with Karisma Kapoor. He captioned it, “Friends forever.” The third picture Karan shared from the party was of Ananya and Varun, which he captioned, “Fangirling!”
Karisma shared more pictures on Instagram. The first was of herself posing with the birthday girl. She captioned it, “Special Sunday with Sonam!” The second showed her posing with Karan, Varun and stylist Tanya Gharvi. The third picture showed Karisma posing with Sonam’s sister, producer and designer Rhea Kapoor. The final, group picture also included Malaika Arora, who is dating Arjun, and was seen at the party in a saree.
Pictures from earlier in the day showed Malaika arriving for the bash, along with others such fashion designer Masaba Gupta and Arjun’s sister Anshula Kapoor. Sonam cut multiple cakes throughout the day, including one during a photoshoot for a magazine, and another outside her house, for the gathered mediapersons.
Sonam was most recently seen on screen with dad Anil Kapoor in the same-sex romance Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shahid Kapoor and his glamorous wife Mira Rajput rocked the airport look on Tuesday. See their pictures here.
- Suhana Khan shared another picture with her friends as she partied in New York. Just a day before, she had shared another photo picture with her friends.
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.