Kashyap gives it his all
Anurag Kashyap is a happy man these days. His film, That Girl In Yellow Boots, was supposed to be produced by Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Films. But, due to reasons he refuses to reveal, he backed out of the deal. And then on, he has put his and all of his friends’ and family’s every single penny into making this film.
“I have not only borrowed money from the whole world, but all I had has gone into making this film,” says Kashyap, who was recently in Toronto creating a market for his film.”There were moments when we didn’t have money to work any further.”
The director also got to celebrate his birthday with one of his role model — Hollywood director Quentin Tarantino. “He was there for the cake cutting (laughs). I am a huge fan. It is his original writing that astounds me. People should learn from him,” says Kashyap, who added that even though Tarantino hasn’t seen his film, meeting him was quite an experience.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Rahul Bose has reacted to Anil Kapoor's story about almost killing him while shooting a scene for Dil Dhadakne Do.
- 83 will explore the dynamic between Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, actor Tahir Raj Bhasin has teased. Ranveer Singh plays Kapil in the upcoming sports drama, directed by Kabir Khan.
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.
- Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora were spotted at Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's residence in Mumbai on Sunday. During his visit, Arjun was captured scolding a photographer for climbing the wall of Kareena's building.
- Actor Kareena Kapoor Khan has shared the first picture of herself after becoming a mother for the second time. "Missed you all," she wrote. See the picture here.
- Alia Bhatt is also a producer now. The Gangubai Kathiawadi actor shared the news and said how she intends to tell happy and real tales.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter Navya Naveli Nanda shared new pictures with her friends. See them here.
- Interior designer Gauri Khan shared a throwback picture with actor-husband Shah Rukh Khan. See it here.
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan, who welcomed their second son earlier this month, got a visit from Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora and Karisma Kapoor.