Low-key publicity for Talaash was deliberate: Reema Kagti
Aamir Khan is known for extensive and innovative marketing of his films but his forthcoming movie Talaash, releasing on Friday, was being under-promoted until last week. Director Reema Kagti says it was deliberate.
"We are sandwiched between Jab Tak Hai Jaan and Son Of Sardaar on one Friday and Khiladi 786 on the next Friday. All these three are big extravagantly-hyped films. We had two choices - either we made ourselves heard louder than these biggies, which was impossible; or we spoke in a much quieter tone than our competition. We've chosen the latter option," said Kagti.
"Also because we can't speak too much about the film without giving away the suspense," she added.
Meanwhile, the filmmakers are preparing for another fight.
The sms rogues are trying to give away the suspense in Talaash. Among the messages being sent out, one claims that Aamir, who plays a police officer, is also the murderer in the movie.
However, spoilers on sms and the internet purporting to give away the suspense in Talaash, are not affecting the director.
"I'd get seriously worried if any of these spoilers were anywhere near the truth. But they're way off the mark. So I am not really bothered," she said.
Talaash also features Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor.
LATEST ON TALAASH
Aamir Khan to meet crime, investigative journalists across India
Expect Aamir Khan to do things that are out of the ordinary. The actor, who is known as Bollywood’s marketing genius, always has new tricks up his sleeve.As he gears up for his next film, Talaash, where he plays a cop investigating a mysterious case, he has come up with something that’s in keeping with his character. In a bid to promote the film, he will meet crime and investigative journalists across the country. TOP COP AAMIR
VIDEO: Aamir Khan goes for night patrolling with cops
It's a known fact that he does detailed research to give that extremely perfect shot everytime! So, just like always, actor Aamir Khan took special care of his character inspector Shekhawat in his upcoming film Talaash.
Aamir Khan uses Google to promote Talaash?
Aamir Khan is famous for his out-of-the-box film promotion ideas. And now, he has planned something out of the ordinary for his upcoming release, Talaash, as well.
The marketing team for the film is in talks with search-engine giant, Google. If all goes well, on its India homepage (www.google.co.in), the word Talaash (which means search) will replace the Google Search button for a short period of time leading up to the release. READ MORE
Aamir Khan promotes Talaash in Mumbai
Aamir Khan was recently spotted promoting his forthcoming crime-thriller Talaash in Mumbai. Khan revealed that it is not just a suspense-drama. VIDEO
TALAASH TRIVIA: When Aamir refused to trim his moustache
Aamir Khan is known for being a perfectionist and doing things precisely right to the last detail and director Reema Kagti got a taste of his meticulousness while directing him in Talaash. FULL STORY
Talaash's latest song Hona Hai Kya out
Reema Kagti is out with an intense and gripping song from Aamir Khan-starrer Talaash. Hona Hai Kya unfolds some interesting sequences from the crime-thriller. Music composer Ram Sampath has lent his voice to the track.In the video clip, tension can be seen between Aamir and Rani Mukerji, who play a married couple. Kareena's act of the seductress continues in this song as well.
No one except Aamir Khan was supposed to do Talaash: Reema Kagti
"Finding me isn't tough. I think you haven't been looking around very hard," informs Reema as I make myself comfortable on the sofa with a glass of freshly squeezed nimboo paani in front of me.
Aamir Khan's Talaash is original, not inspired: Reema Kagti
Reema Kagti clears the air about Aamir Khan-starrer Talaash being inspired by an American novella. There have been speculations that the film, which also features Kareena Kapoor and Rani Mukerji, might be a copy of Act of Providence by Joseph Payne Brennan and Donald M Grant.
(With additional inputs)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.