Mardaani 2 box office collection day 4: Rani Mukerji’s film sees a drop on Monday, earns Rs 21.5 cr total
According to a report on Box Office India, the film showed a decline of around of about 25% from the opening day and collected around Rs 3 crore nett. Film trade analyst Taran Adarsh had predicted a strong week for the film on Monday. Sharing the weekend figures of the film, he wrote, “Mardaani2 has a power-packed weekend... Admirable growth on Day 2 and 3 demonstrates power of solid content... Solid trending indicates, Mardaani2 should stay strong on weekdays... Fri 3.80 cr, Sat 6.55 cr, Sun 7.80 cr [double of Day 1]... Total: Rs 18.15 cr. India biz.”
He also compared the film’s box office to Rani’s earlier films: Mardaani and Hichki. Mardaani 2 has recorded better weekend figures than the two previous films. He tweeted, “RaniMukerji versus RaniMukerji... *Opening Weekend* biz...2019: Mardaani2 Rs 18.15 cr. 2018: Hichki Rs 15.35 cr. 2014: Mardaani Rs 14.46 cr. India biz.”
Sharing the overseas collections of the film during the opening weekend, Taran wrote on Twitter, “Mardaani2 - Overseas - Opening Weekend [till 15 Dec 2019]: $ 820k [₹ 5.81 cr]... Key markets... USA + Canada: $ 184k. UAE + GCC: $ 420k. UK: $ 50k. ROW: $ 166k. Few cinemas yet to report.”
Rani’s cousin and actor Kajol also appreciated the film. She wrote on Twitter, “One more unsung warrior.... proud of you Rani for Mardaani 2.”#Mardaani2 #RaniMukerji” Reacting to the film’s success, Rani said at an event, “The response has been great. I’m extremely happy that our aim of ‘naari shakti’ has reached across so many women of the country. The fact that girls are coming out of the theatres and feeling empowered is the best, most heartening response.”
Mardaani 2 had clashed with Nick Jonas and Dwayne Johnson’s Jumanji: The Next Level last on Friday. The latter had beaten Rani’s film during the weekend but registered a massive drop on Monday. As per the report, it collected around Rs 2.50 crore nett on its fourth day. It now stands at a total of around Rs 27 crore.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.
- Parineeti Chopra has unveiled the teaser of her upcoming film Saina. She plays badminton player Saina Nehwal in the film.