Marriage is a 50-50 relationship: Shahid Kapoor
While Shahid doles out relationship advice, Alia is not willing to discuss her personal life
Shahid may have been married only for a few months now, but he dispenses gyaan like a man who’s been married for long. Recently, when he, along with co-star Alia Bhatt, came to HT City to meet winners of HT City Stars in the City contest, the audience couldn’t help but ask him about his wedding to Delhi girl Mira Rajput.
When asked why he’s been avoiding questions about marriage, he said, “When I got married three months ago, I was worried about how everything would happen without the media turning it into a big tamasha. But, I was happy with the way it went. I want to thank the media for being so kind and adjusting. After that I didn’t meet reporters because there was so much going on. I resurfaced while promoting Shaandaar, so obviously all the questions were about my wedding. Alia virtually turned bodyguard and told media to stick to questions about the film,” he joked.
The actor seems to have become a pro in doling out relationship advice. Talking to a couple who is getting hitched in a month’s time, he said, “Marriage is a 50-50 relationship and as long as you can keep it like that, you will sail through. Communication is very important. It’s an actual 50-50 relationship, not the one where the guy says, “I’m a man, so I’m granting you 50 per cent’ but the one where he says, ‘hum dono same hai’.”
Alia, however, made it very clear that she was very uncomfortable talking about her personal life. She even went to the extent of saying that she would lie if anyone asked her about her personal life. “I am not defensive. I am just very private. I don’t want anything to take away from my work.” At this, Shahid quipped, “Now, each time Alia answers a question, no one would know whether she is lying or not!”
Watch the Shaandaar trailer here
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Shyam Benegal goes down memory lane as his National Award winning film Zubeidaa completes two decades, recalls how Manoj Bajpayee was initially diffident to play a Maharaja and Karisma Kapoor was nervous.
- Kareena Kapoor has shared a picture of her lavish lunch, sent by cousin Armaan Jain. Check it out here.
- Anushka Sharma has congratulated Team India on their historic victory against Australia on Tuesday.
- Sherlyn Chopra has accused disgraced director Sajid Khan of sexual misconduct, adding that he's protected by the Bollywood 'mafia'.
- Pahlaj Nihalani has said that although he hasn't received an invitation, he's heard that Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal are tying the knot this weekend.