Mukesh Chhabra denies Sushant Singh Rajput became ‘extra-friendly’ with Sanjana Sanghi
Amid reports that Kizie Aur Manny has been delayed because actor Sanjana Sanghi was made to feel uncomfortable by Sushant Singh Rajput and complained to her parents about him, director Mukesh Chhabra has offered a denial.bollywood Updated: Aug 22, 2018 17:21 IST
Director Mukesh Chhabra has seemingly responded to a report that claimed his new film, Kizie Aur Manny, had been delayed because its stars Sushant Singh Rajput and Sanjana Sanghi had differences. The report quoted a source as saying that Sushant had become ‘extra-friendly’ with newcomer Sanjana, who had been made to feel uncomfortable because of his advances.
“All this speculation is a figment of wild imagination,” said Chhabra in a statement that he tweeted on Wednesday. “We are shooting in Mumbai after wrapping the Jamshedpur and Ranchi schedule,” he continued. “This has been an absolute joyride and we are cruising ahead like one big happy unit.”
The original DNA report quoted a source as saying, “Sushant was trying to be ‘extra-friendly’ towards newbie Sanjana Sanghi. On one occasion, she seemed to have got uncomfortable and apparently brought it to the notice of her parents, who reportedly told her to return to the set only if she felt she should. One hears that as of now, shooting has come to a standstill.”
The report went on to say that Fox Star Studios had denied that the shoot was delayed, and noted that the safety of their stars was very important to them. “We, as a studio, take the safety of our talent and crew with utmost seriousness. No such incident has happened on our sets and shoot has not been suspended. As a matter of fact, the final schedule of our shoot is on as we speak. We are looking forward to releasing the film in 2019.”
Kizie Aur Manny is the official Hindi remake of Hollywood romantic drama, The Fault in Our Stars. The film has been scheduled for a 2019 release.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
First Published: Aug 22, 2018 17:21 IST