No IPL clash for Ferrari Ki Sawaari
Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s Ferrari Ki Sawaari, one of the films ready to take on cricket, has now been pushed forward to after IPL Season 5. “Yes, we’re not coming on April 27. We haven’t locked a date yet, but it will probably be in June after the IPL,” confirms writer-producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra.
He adds that it’s not because he is scared of the competition from cricket, but because some shots need to be canned. And he didn’t want to have a release on his head and an incomplete film on his hands. “I started working on Ferrari Ki Sawaari when 3 Idiots (2009) was still being shot. It’s taken us four years to write it. It’s one of our finest scripts, and I want to give it the time it deserves,” says Vinod, recalling Hollywood filmmaker Ingmar Bergman’s three commandments, the second being ‘thou shall entertain without selling your soul’.
Insisting that money has never been his driving force, Vinod points to the fact that instead of cashing in on his hit franchise and raking in Rs 100 crore in the first weekend itself, he’s been writing Munnabhai Ki Atmakatha for the last four years. The film is finally ready to be flagged off this September.
“At a time when films are made only for the first weekend, Amitabh Bachchan, seeing Ferrari Ki Sawaari, pointed it out that I’m still making my movies for Mondays. I hold him in great regard. He was one of the first to see the film,” says Chopra who has shown the film revolving around a little boy whose dream of driving a Ferrari takes him to the Lord’s cricket pitch, to around 300-400 people from different walks of life. “Around 1,000 will see it at special screenings through May with us taking note of their inputs. Then we take the film into the theatres and to a larger audience.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.
- Film producer Rhea Kapoor got love from a number of Bollywood beauties including Kareena Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Karisma Kapoor on her birthday.