Pooja Bedi remembers a time when jokes were not offensive, feels political correctness has made everyone ‘intolerant’
As political correctness is forcing people to think twice before making a joke and delicately tip-toe around sensitive subjects, Pooja Bedi reminded everyone of a time when a joke was just that. She said that the need to be politically correct has made everyone ‘intolerant’ and ‘overly sensitive’ to every little thing.
Pooja shared a quote which read, “It’s called a joke. We used to tell them before people became offended by everything.” In the accompanying tweet, she wrote, “Sigh!!!! How many of you feel that ‘political correctness’ is turning us into an intolerant, stiff, overly sensitive bunch of people who are easily offended by every little thing???”
Recently, Pooja defended Milind Soman over his nude beach photo and said that there was ‘absolutely nothing obscene’ about it. She took to Twitter to juxtapose the picture of him with those of naked Naga sadhus and said that ‘smearing ash’ cannot make nudity acceptable.
“Absolutely nothing obscene about @milindrunning aesthetic pic. The obscenity lies in the minds of a viewer imagining more! His crime is being good looking,famous & setting bench marks! If nudity is a crime all naga babas should be arrested. Smearing ash can’t make it acceptable!,” she tweeted.
Pooja, who made her Bollywood debut with Vishkanya in 1991, has acted in a number of films including Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar and Lootere. She was also a part of several reality shows including Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Nach Baliye, Bigg Boss and Maa Exchange.
Recently, Pooja was seen in the Netflix series Masaba Masaba as a therapist. She also starred in the Zee5 original film Comedy Couple, which also featured Saqib Saleem and Shweta Basu Prasad. She had been sharing behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the sets of the film and described her character as an ‘artsy’ single mother in her posts.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.