Rajkummar Rao reveals intriguing first look of Stree. Watch here
Bollywood actor Rajkummar Rao has teased the first look of his forthcoming film Stree. The actor tweeted the 59-second teaser on Thursday, and it’s intriguing to say the least.
He wrote, “Stree ke baare mein zyada nahi jaanta hoon, bas sab kehte hain aa rahi hai woh.”
The teaser takes the viewers to a semi-urban area where nobody can be seen. Only a voice resonates in the background that’s calling a woman to come tomorrow. Towards the end, the frame zooms out and the feet of a woman are visible hanging in the air, suggesting a suicide or murder.
Directed by Amar Kaushik, Stree seems like a horror film. Written by Raj and DK, the film has Shraddha Kapoor opposite Rajkummar. The film has been shot at Chanderi, a small town near Bhopal.
Dinesh Vijan is producing the project under his company Maddock Films. The writer-director duo is reuniting with Vijan after Go Goa Gone. They had also directed the 2013 zombie comedy.
Shraddha is currently working on two more projects, Shahid Kapoor-starrer Batti Gul Meter Chaalu and Saaho. In an earlier interview with the Hindustan Times, she said, “It is very exciting to jump from one world to another. I am absolutely loving it. The only thing I miss, is spending time with my family.”
Stree will hit the screens on August 31, 2018.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.
- Priyanka Chopra has amplified an author's tweet in which she'd shared pictures of yesteryear stars such as Dharmendra, Shammi Kapoor, Biswajit, Sadhna, Saira Banu, Asha Parekh and Sunil Dutt.
- A video of actor Sara Ali Khan arriving with gifts for Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's second baby, has been shared online. Watch here.
- Time to Dance trailer continues the Indian dance film tradition of telling an engaging tale through a performing art form. Watch Isabelle Kaif in her debut role as Sooraj Pancholi makes a comeback.
- Bhumi Pednekar and Rajkummar Rao have completed a filming schedule of Badhaai Do. Announcing the wrap, the duo joined director Harshavardhan Kulkarni to make their own 'Pawri Ho Rahi Hai' video.
- Richa Chadha has shared a song featuring Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan to express her sorrow on paying a huge price for getting her fuel tank filled.