Sajid Khan on learning to work solo after brother Wajid’s death: ‘Now I have to become friends with everyone’
Sajid Khan, one half of the music composer duo Sajid-Wajid, has said that he will have to adjust to a new work process now that he doesn’t have his brother to rely on. Wajid died last year, reportedly due to complications following a coronavirus diagnosis.
In an interview, Sajid said that earlier, Wajid used to be the face of the operation, and would usually be the one fulfilling social obligations, while Sajid worked in a more behind-the-scenes capacity. That would now have to change, he said.
“Before, Wajid used to meet every day and I always used to be inside,” he told Pinkvilla. “And now, I have to meet all the artists. All the singers and artists, Wajid used to be friends with them. Now I have to become friends with everyone and work with them.”
He continued, “Sometimes I feel he (Wajid) has come into my composition. And he’s always there, you know. I really don’t want to think and believe he’s no more. I feel him in the studio, I feel him at home, I feel him when I am driving alone... Till the time I’m dying, he’s there with me. He’s very much with me, and I love him yaar. For the world, we must be a ‘jodi’ but he was my blood brother.”
Starting their career in 1998 with Salman Khan-starrer Pyaar Kiya Toh Darna Kya, Sajid-Wajid scored music for many films of the superstar including Dabangg franchise, Chori Chori, Hello Brother, Wanted and Mujhse Shaadi Karogi. They had recently composed the actor’s single, Bhai Bhai, as well.
Sajid is now busy working on Salman’s upcoming film, Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai. Directed by Prabhudeva, the film is tentatively slated for a theatrical release around Eid.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.
- Film producer Rhea Kapoor got love from a number of Bollywood beauties including Kareena Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Karisma Kapoor on her birthday.