Salman Khan overtakes Akshay Kumar as highest tax payer
Actor Salman Khan beats actor Akshay Kumar by paying the highest advance tax this fiscal year. According to the Income Tax department’s advance tax payment data for 2015, The Bajrangi Bhaijaan star beats Airlift actor Akshay Kumar by paying the highest advance tax this fiscal.
Salman paid Rs 20 crore as advance tax, while Akshay paid a tax of Rs 16 crore in 2015.
According to reports, Ranbir Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan are the other top tax payers in the list.
Surprisingly Ranbir, whose recent film - Tamasha and Bombay Velvet - bombed at the box office has paid Rs 15 crore as advance tax.
Megastar Shahrukh, who inked a major success with Dilwale in 2015, even though he was bested by Bajirao Mastani (both films released on same day), paid Rs 14 crore.
Veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan paid Rs 8.75 crore, according to the income tax data. He also had a string of movies that released in 2015 like Piku and Wazir, but none of them did exceptionally well at the box office.
However, these are the figures released by Mumbai’s IT department till third quarter (December 31) of this fiscal year. The last quarter (Jan to March) will decide who will pay he highest income tax for the entire fiscal year.
Advance tax is paid by individuals if the total tax liability on their estimated income is likely to exceed Rs 10,000 during the financial year.
Follow @htshowbiz for more.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Filmmaker-actor Divya Khosla Kumar has spoken about her journey, and how she didn't want to join the film industry when she first moved to Mumbai.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao isn't over his obsession with Shah Rukh Khan. He has often spoken about his love for SRK.
- As actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan prepare to move into their house, their designer gave an insight into all the amenities the new home will have.
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.
- Taimur Ali Khan was fascinated by a cow outside his Fortune Heights residence. He folded his hands and enjoyed its owner playing film songs on his wind instrument.
- Actor Salman Khan prepared some raw onion pickle in a new video shared by his 'sister', Bina Kak. Watch video here.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor has said that while she doesn't go on conventional dates, she once had a scary experience while she was a student in Los Angeles.