Salman Khan turns writer, to pen Kick sequel
Being the son of Salim Khan, who has co-written blockbuster films such as Deewar (1975), Sholay (1975) and Trishul (1978), among others, it comes as no surprise that Salman Khan, too, has an inclination towards writing. While he had explored that interest by scripting Veer (2010), the actor is back to it and is writing the story for the sequel to Kick (2014).
“Salman has cracked the story idea. In fact, he is very kicked about it; and has already discussed it with his close friends. No one is aware of the exact storyline, but it’s going to be an emotional tale. Since he is busy with the shootings of multiple films, he still doesn’t want to rush through it,” says an insider.
Salman is believed to have shared the basic storyline with his friend and the maker of Kick, Sajid Nadiadwala. Interestingly though, in a recent interview to us, Nadiadwala had stated that he hadn’t “thought about what I am going to direct next”. The insider adds: “If all goes well, Sajid will direct the sequel based on Salman’s story, but there’s no timeline to it.”
While Salman couldn’t be reached for a comment, Nadiadwala was “surprised” when we contacted him regarding the story. “Yes, it’s true that Salman has come up with the story idea, but it’s too early to talk about it,” says the filmmaker.
They write too...
Sanjay Dutt: Apparently, the actor is working on a “very emotional script” while serving his jail term.
Kunal Kapoor: He has written ideas for eight to 10 scripts, and two of them are apparently being made into films.
Ranveer Singh: His script reportedly revolves around an underdog’s journey and the equation with the media.
Kangana Ranaut: She has done a screenplay-writing course in US; and is believed to have completed her first script.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.
- "The whole world is laughing at us today," Kangana Ranaut wrote in a new tweet, targeting Diljit Dosanjh and Priyanka Chopra.