Sanjay Dutt’s wife Maanayata on his cancer diagnosis: ‘God has yet again chosen to test us’
Sanjay Dutt’s wife, Maanayata Dutt, has issued a statement after it was revealed that he was diagnosed with lung cancer on Tuesday. She said that the family has faced testing times in the past as well, and that she is confident that ‘this too shall pass’.
In a statement issued on Wednesday, Maanayata said, “I thank everyone who has expressed their well wishes for Sanju’s speedy recovery. We need all the strength and prayers to overcome this phase. There is a lot that the family has gone through in the past years but I am confident, this too shall pass.”
Maanayata urged fans and well-wishers to not buy into ‘speculations and unwarranted rumours’ and instead sought their ‘prayers and blessings’. “However, it is my heartfelt request to Sanju’s fans to not fall prey to speculations and unwarranted rumours, but to just help us with their ongoing love, warmth and support. Sanju has always been a fighter, and so has our family. God has yet again chosen to test us to overcome the challenges ahead. All we seek is your prayers and blessings, and we know we will emerge as winners on the other side, as we always have. Let us use this opportunity to spread light and positivity,” she said.
The 61-year-old actor was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer on Tuesday, a source from Lilavati Hospital informed on the condition of anonymity. According to the source, his oxygen level was fluctuating between 90-92% when he was admitted to the hospital on Saturday evening. He tested negative for Covid-19 through a rapid antigen kit. A cancer analysis was done and it came positive. When his treating doctor, Dr Jalil Parker, was contacted, he refused to confirm or deny the news, citing patient confidentiality.
Earlier, on Tuesday, Sanjay announced that he was taking a ‘short break’ from work for ‘some medical treatment’ and requested his fans and well-wishers not to speculate. “Hi friends, I am taking a short break from work for some medical treatment. My family and friends are with me and I urge my well-wishers not to worry or unnecessarily speculate. With your love and good wishes, I will be back soon!”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.