Sherlyn Chopra explains her ‘sleeping with people for money’ tweet
Actor-model Sherlyn Chopra could also be defined as bold, brave and controversy’s favourite child. From posting titillating pictures on Twitter to posing in the buff for the Playboy magazine, Sherlyn is now thinking of turning a producer. She discusses her tweet about having stopped ‘sleeping with people for money’ and casting couch.
What has been keeping you busy?
I have been reading scripts of feature films. And just recently I zeroed in on the script of my maiden film as a producer-actor.
What’s the release status of Kamasutra 3D?
I’m as clueless as you are. Some say it has released. Some say it is yet to release. I really don’t know. I wish the cast and crew of the film the very best.
During her initial days of modelling, she started dating men much older than her age who would pamper her silly with expensive gifts, says actor Sherlyn Chopra.
You once tweeted that you have stopped sleeping with people for money. You have been hailed for being honest and brave for that statement. Could you tell us a little more about it?
As a little girl, I aspired to be a doctor not just because my late father was a doctor but because I was mainly intrigued by science. I not only excelled in academics but also in extra-curricular activities. Everything was right on track until I bagged the title of Miss Andhra. Nineteen and absolutely mesmerised by the glamour of showbiz, it was at this crossroads that I chose to walk a different path. During my initial days of modelling, I started dating men much older than my age who would pamper me silly with expensive gifts. It took me a while to understand that my need-based relationships lacked genuine care, concern, respect and love. After, a great deal of introspection, I realised that just because a person desires me does not necessarily mean that he values me. The intent behind my “confession” was to introduce the born-again Sherlyn to the world by finding closure to her past. Sadly, it was misconstrued by media.
The film industry is known for the casting couch. Have you been asked to sleep with someone for a role?
When I was a little girl, I was told that ‘f*** o**’ was a forbidden term. As a young adult, I learnt that saying ‘f*** o**’ was necessary. I was naive as a newcomer in Mumbai. But not so naive that I couldn’t sense the energies around me. My words have always either attracted a strong mind or offended a weak one.
Actor Sherlyn Chopra says she’ll get married the day she finds someone who complements her life.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Raveena Tandon took to her Instagram to show off daughter Rasha Thadani's achievement, as she teenager earned her blackbelt in Taekwondo. See her post here.
- Speaking at a comedy show, Farah Khan says her friends often 'put her to work' as soon as she enters parties, asking her to render a few dance steps.
- Richa Chadha has said that she has found an equal partner in boyfriend Ali Fazal who cooks well, works out with her and is progressive.
- Anurag Kashyap's daughter Aaliyah received support from her Insta-fam after she wrote about receiving hate comments for a recent post, in which she shared pictures of herself in lingerie.
Pranutan: What can I do if people want to believe in masala stories about nepotism, and not the truth
Anil Kapoor: Earlier it was like test match, today it’s IPL, the field is exciting for everyone in showbiz
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.