Siddhant Chaturvedi says he felt like a star even when he was 100th in the audition line: ‘I knew I was something’
Siddhant Chaturvedi, who gained fame with Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy last year, said that he has always been a star in his head. He said that he believed in himself even if he was ‘the 100th person in the audition line’.
In an interview with IANS, when asked if he considers himself a star, Siddhant said, “Star toh nahi (not a star)... I used to say one thing to myself always when I was nothing and used to go for auditions -- whenever I used to dream, or before going to sleep, I would say ‘I am a star already and it is just that the world doesn’t know.’”
Gully Boy, starring Ranveer Singh in the lead role, saw Siddhant in a supporting role as a street rapper named MC Sher. He became a household name with the success of the film.
Siddhant said that he wants to be recognised internationally and not just be ‘limited to India’. He added that even when he was auditioning, he knew that he had something special and that the world would see it one day. “In my head I have always been a star, even if I was the 13th, 14th or the 100th person in the audition line. I knew I was something,” he said, adding, “It was in my head, but the world didn’t know. So, the effort to make my dream and belief a reality is the struggle I keep doing everyday.”
Siddhant made his acting debut with the web series Life Sahi Hai and followed it up with the Amazon Prime Video series Inside Edge, in which he played a rookie bowler who faces casteism in the Mumbai Mavericks.
Currently, Siddhant has a number of interesting projects in the pipeline, including Bunty Aur Babli 2, Shakun Batra’s next with Deepika Padukone and Ananya Panday, and Phone Bhoot with Katrina Kaif and Ishaan Khatter.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.