Sonu Sood declared hottest vegetarian of the year by PETA India, shares a glimpse of his trophy
Sonu Sood continues to win hearts, one good deed at a time. The actor has now added another feather to his cap by being named the hottest vegetarian celebrity of the year by PETA India.
The actor shared the picture of a glass trophy on Twitter along with a “Thank you” for the organisation that encourages vegetarianism and opposes discourages killing or mistreatment of animals of any kind.
Sonu has been in the news ever since he kick-started the mission of helping migrants reach their homes during lockdown.
He recently announced a new initiative under which he would be providing e-rickshaws to the underprivileged who lost their source of livelihood during the coronavirus pandemic. The 47-year-old actor said his initiative, titled ‘khud kamaao ghar chalaao’, is aimed at generating employment opportunities to make people “self-reliant”. The actor said in a statement, “I believe providing job opportunities is more important than distributing supplies. I’m sure that this initiative will help them stand on their feet yet again by making them self-reliant and self-sufficient.”
The actor had earlier launched the Pravasi Rojgar app, which aims to connect those who lost their jobs in the pandemic to companies and offers specific programmes to help improve their skills.
Sonu has also been named the number one South Asian celebrity in the world for his philanthropic efforts during the course of the Covid-19 pandemic this year, in a first-of-its-kind ranking released in London on Wednesday. The 47-year-old actor beat off tough global competition to top the ‘50 Asian Celebrities in The World’ list, which is published by UK-based weekly newspaper Eastern Eye. It celebrates artists who made a positive impact with their actions or were inspiring in their own unique way and involved public input, with several social media posts collated for nominations.
(With PTI inputs)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Richa Chadha has said that she has found an equal partner in boyfriend Ali Fazal who cooks well, works out with her and is progressive.
- Anurag Kashyap's daughter Aaliyah received support from her Insta-fam after she wrote about receiving hate comments for a recent post, in which she shared pictures of herself in lingerie.
Pranutan: What can I do if people want to believe in masala stories about nepotism, and not the truth
Anil Kapoor: Earlier it was like test match, today it’s IPL, the field is exciting for everyone in showbiz
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.