Things Shah Rukh Khan says: 5 highlights from Fan trailer launch
From talking about how he got recognition, to his initial days in Mumbai, the actor shared more about his upcoming film that sees him in a double role: Superstar Aryan Khanna and his die-hard fan Gaurav.bollywood Updated: Mar 01, 2016 18:43 IST
Shah Rukh Khan is among the best speakers of the Hindi film industry, and he proved it once again at the trailer launch of his upcoming film Fan.
From talking about how he got recognition, to his initial days in Mumbai, the actor shared more about his upcoming film that sees him in a double role: Superstar Aryan Khanna and his die-hard fan Gaurav.
Here are the highlights from the interaction at Yash Raj Studios.
Watch: Shah Rukh Khan in Fan trailer
1. Initially I used to feel I look like Kumar Gaurav (son of Rajendra Kumar). He was the first star I wanted to meet. I was happy that I looked like someone good like him (Kumar Gaurav). Then after some point, I felt I looked like Al Pacino (an American actor).
2. Now at the age of 50, I feel I look like my father. I am hopeful a time will come when I would feel I look like myself.
3. I came by train for the first time when I came to Mumbai. The train would turn into a local after entering Mumbai which I was not aware of. So I did not let a few people sit on my berth saying that it is mine, I paid for it. I did offer it to a lady though, saying that you can sit but not the men with you. She slapped me real hard saying it isn’t yours, it is everybody’s.
4. I am fan of films. I enjoy being in this space. I remember my first fans were two ladies... I was in Delhi and they looked at me and yelled Abhimanyu Rai (SRK’s character in TV show Fauji). I am thankful to them for making me feel like that.
5. I feel a fan (and/or) an admirer should always take up good things… like take up good things from Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan and Sania Mirza.
Directed by Maneesh Sharma, Fan will hit the screens on April 15, 2016.
Follow @htshowbiz for more.