Astrology, numerology set to ride net traffic | business | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Mar 22, 2018-Thursday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Astrology, numerology set to ride net traffic

Astrology is fast catching up to become a Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) business, with more and more NRIs seeking astro-numerical counselling, reports BS Srinivasalu Reddy.

business Updated: Dec 29, 2007 00:17 IST
BS Srinivasalu Reddy

Astrology is fast catching up to become a Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) business, with more and more non-resident Indians (NRIs) seeking astro-numerical counselling through this channel.

Chennai-based PR Sundhar Raja, who completed a pilot project offering instant name identification and other astro-numerological services through internet recently, is hoping to garner a revenue of Rs one crore during the current fiscal, and is scouting for private equity investments to fund expansions.

"Over 50 per cent of our revenues come from NRIs. We have tied-up a couple of international web conglomerates for client access, and developed a business model wherein the same quality of services could be offered through 100 supervisors backed by support staff," Raja said.

"Till now the business has been a one-man show. Now we want to replicate the quality of counselling through training people. The present platform ( can dispense counselling on certain aspects to 10,000 clients at a time," the astro-numerologist, who did a couple of projects for National Aeronautics and Research Agency of the US, added.

Astrology uses planetary positions and movements for predicting future prospects or otherwise of individuals, while numerology adds more accuracy to such projections. Internet has an advantage in the sense those clients who are not interested in sharing personal details with others can get their charts read through this means. It is also seen as being more transparent, with the rates displayed on the website.

Raja has already floated a private limited company called, JRS Astro Private Ltd, with headquarters in Chennai. The company's corporate services encompass complete branding, including corporate name identification or alter the existing name in consonance with the name or names of the promoters, and preparation or alteration of its logo.

"Name and logo are important components of a company's public identity. Besides, names have their own vibes, certain names take the subject to their peaks and others may pull them down," Raja said.

The colour combinations should be in sync, and there should be an internal and external harmony in the logo, he explained.

Unlike, other astrologers, who claim to predict the future, Raja says, "Astrology indicates a direction of one's life with about 70 per cent accuracy and the remaining 30 per cent is based on the subjective analysis of the astrologer."

"With growing awareness of astro-numerology, demand is on the rise for quality counselling. And to address this I chose internet as channel. The company has developed and tested the software over the last five-years," he added.