Govt de-reserves 79 items in small scale sector
The Government has excluded an additional 79 items from a list of 114 items which can be exclusively manufactured in the small scale sector.
With this de-reservation, only 35 items can be manufactured in the SSI Sector. The 79 items were excluded on February five.
The government has been de-reserving items in a gradual and calibrated manner to increase competitiveness of the industry, facilitate adequate flow of credit and upgrade technology, an official statement said today.
The move would also enable the Indian industry to compete with imports, achieve economies of scale and create job opportunities, it said.
The 35 items that would continue to be manufactured in the SSI sector include food and allied items, wood, wood products, paper, paper product, plastic product, organic chemicals, drugs, drug intermediates, other chemicals, chemical products, glass, ceramics, mechanical engineering and electrical machines, appliances and apparatus.
Number of items de-reserved in 2005, 2006 and 2007 were 108, 180 and 212 respectively.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore retained its ranks for Materials Science (78th) and Chemistry (93rd).
- India’s vaccination campaign ramped up on Monday, with people above the age of 60, and individuals 45 or older suffering from certain medical conditions, now eligible for shots.
- The company, which relies heavily on digital advertising using user data, said it will not track individual-level data such as personally identifiable information (PII) graphs based on people’s email addresses.
- In comparison, PMI for the manufacturing sector had fallen marginally to 57.5 in February from 57.7 a month ago, data released on Monday showed.
- The Council is expected to meet this month, but a date is yet to be finalized, the first person said.
- Lawyers representing the consortium had earlier insisted that DGCA and the aviation ministry must follow the principle of historicity and grant slots to the revived Jet Airways.
- The Suzuki Motor Corp. unit has told its suppliers about its strategies, asking them to ramp up production, the people cited above said on condition of anonymity.
- The BSE Sensex gained 1,147.76 points or 2.28% to end at 51,444.65, while the Nifty surged 326.50 points or 2.19% to close at 15,245.60
- For those filing returns for FY20 in form ITR-1—people with income from salaries, one house property and farm income up to ₹5,000—the last date for filing was January 10, 2021.
- HDFC also outlined that the changes will affect customers who currently have availed home loan benefits from the lender.