L&T bags multi mn dlr order from Cairn India
Engineering and construction major Larsen & Toubro on Thursday said it has bagged a multi-million dollar order from Cairn India for construction of oil and gas pipelines.
"L&T is proud to be associated with Cairn in being able to leverage our own strengths to build the unique mega pipeline of this kind, for the first time in India. Our technical expertise in engineering and construction and a dedicated team will enable us to deliver the job on time," L&T President (Engineering & Construction Projects) K Venkataramanan said.
The engineering and construction projects division of the company bagged the contract from Cairn India for construction of export crude oil insulated pipeline and gas pipeline from Rajasthan to Gujarat, the company said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
The scope of work involves laying of a cross country pipeline for crude oil transportation from the Mangala terminal, located at Barmer, Rajasthan, to the Salaya Oil Export terminal near Jamnagar.
Another pipeline would be laid for transporting natural gas from the Raageshwari fields alongside the Salaya receiving facility for feeding the gas generator sets located at 32 sites enroute.
L&T's Pipeline Engineering Centre would provide complete engineering services for the cross country pipeline and the intermediate facilities for this project.
The field developmental activities have already commenced with a targeted production level of more than 150,000 bopd and completion of this export oil pipeline would match the evacuation plans of Cairn for the second half of 2009.
Shares of the company were trading at Rs 3440, down 0.65 per cent on BSE in afternoon trade.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sensex falls 440 pts to end at 50,405; Nifty ends session in red at 14,938 points
- Companies like Amazon's Prime Video and Netflix are inspecting planned shows and scripts, with some even deleting scenes that could be controversial, five Bollywood directors and producers, and two industry sources said.
- Income tax officials have also seized ₹3 crore cash during raids on two groups of civil contractors in Tamil Nadu
- At a time when petrol and diesel prices are at an all-time high, and taxes have a bigger component in the retail price than the base price of the fuels, it is worth revisiting the debate
- The ECIR is reportedly based on an FIR filed by the Chennai police under Section 420 of the IPC on the basis of a complaint by the Chennai Financial Markets and Accountability (CFMA), an organisation that fights for investors’ rights.
- Shipments in the December quarter grew at a higher rate of 198% annually with 15.2 million units.
- The companies are also opting for large boxes for storage, with around 400,000-plus sq. ft being the average demand.
- The latest acquisition is Delaporte’s boldest move to spur growth after the company ceded its position as India’s third-largest software services provider to HCL Technologies Ltd.