New class at ISB, old one not fully placed
Even as students of the new class graduating in 2010 have started their course at the Indian School of Business, the leading management institute founded by some of the world’s most respected corporate figures in the world at Hyderabad still has an unfinished task at hand – that of placing all of its students of the previous batch.
The premier business school has so far placed around 80-85 per cent of the students of the batch of 437 students who joined its campus a year ago and the placement process is still on, a company official who did not wish to be identified told Hindustan Times.
“The placement process is still going on and we expect that the total number of companies that participated would go up to 250,” the official said, but did not give a specific timeline about when the process is likely to be complete.
ISB spokespersons could not be reached for comments.
Last year, at the beginning of April, ISB had said that 230 companies had participated in the placement process and made over 650 job offers to its 418 students.
Recently, ISB announced that 579 students had enrolled for the management programme this year, up 24 per cent from those who joined in 2008.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management has started talks with potential merchant bankers for the IPO, which is likely to be launched in the June quarter, said the people cited above.
- The Bengaluru-based firm plans to start production as early as in June. That’s audacious, given that the land—260 acres for the plant and 240 acres for two supplier parks—is still in excavation mode.
- The term sheet executed between the two parties in 2015, promised ZO Rooms’ shareholders 7% of Oyo.
- Bharat Forge Ltd and Megha Engineering and Infrastructure Ltd may also submit expressions of interest for the government’s stake in BEML, the people said on condition of anonymity.
- The survey captures the mood of the industry for the two quarters ending June 30, 2021.
- For checking EPF balance without UAN number, users will need to log into their account through the EPF homepage at epfindia.gov.in.
- The 15th Finance Commission has recommended that states be given 41 per cent of the divisible tax pool of the Centre during the period 2021-22 to 2025-26, which is at the same level as was recommended by the 14th Finance Commission.
- Here’s a list of some of the tasks which need to be performed by taxpayers before March 31