R-Power climbs on bonus
Shares of Reliance Power galloped on Monday after the company said its board will meet on February 24 to consider a free bonus share issue to all investors except the promoter group. Reliance Power shares jumped Rs 28.95 or 7.53 per cent to end the day at Rs 413.65 on the BSE.
The news of bonus issue saw good buying interest on the counter even though the swap ratio is yet to be announced.
According to market sources, may issue two bonus shares for every 15 shares of Reliance Power.
The benchmark Sensex of the Bombay Stock Exchange ended the day lower by 67 points or 0.37 per cent at 18,048.05, while the 50-share Nifty of the National Stock Exchange closed at 5276.90, down by 26 points or 0.5 per cent.
Reliance Energy-owned Reliance Power, which belongs to the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, has also written to the market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to probe manipulations, if any, which led to a sharp; fall in its share price since its debut on February 11.
"The decline in the Reliance Power stock price has been compounded by a vicious and orchestrated campaign of market manipulation and market abuse," the company said in a statement.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sensex falls 440 pts to end at 50,405; Nifty ends session in red at 14,938 points
- Companies like Amazon's Prime Video and Netflix are inspecting planned shows and scripts, with some even deleting scenes that could be controversial, five Bollywood directors and producers, and two industry sources said.
- Income tax officials have also seized ₹3 crore cash during raids on two groups of civil contractors in Tamil Nadu
- At a time when petrol and diesel prices are at an all-time high, and taxes have a bigger component in the retail price than the base price of the fuels, it is worth revisiting the debate
- The ECIR is reportedly based on an FIR filed by the Chennai police under Section 420 of the IPC on the basis of a complaint by the Chennai Financial Markets and Accountability (CFMA), an organisation that fights for investors’ rights.
- Shipments in the December quarter grew at a higher rate of 198% annually with 15.2 million units.
- The companies are also opting for large boxes for storage, with around 400,000-plus sq. ft being the average demand.
- The latest acquisition is Delaporte’s boldest move to spur growth after the company ceded its position as India’s third-largest software services provider to HCL Technologies Ltd.
- The Bengaluru-based online retailer has been weighing a US initial public offering and it’s now also looking at other options, the people said.
- While the base price of petrol is ₹33.26 per litre, it attracts ₹32.90 a litre central excise and ₹21.04 per litre local levies in Delhi.