Sensex gains 336 points at mid-session
The benchmark index remained on an upward march at mid-session on the Bombay Stock Exchange on Monday by gaining over 336 points on aggressive buying by funds.
The Sensex remained in bullish mood after reports the US housing loan crisis was easing. The 30-share index shot up by 338.99 points at 14,763.03 as foreign and domestic funds purchased heavy-weight stocks such as Reliance Industries.
Similarly, the wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty increased by 88.20 at 4,278.35 as purchasing interest was more confined to large cap stocks.
"A firm global trend helped today's rally," said Delhi-based broker Rajiv Malik of RNM Financial services.
The Morgan Stanley Capital International Asia-Pacific Index added 0.9 per cent. The US stocks climbed on Friday, helping the Standard and Poor's 500 Index to its biggest weekly gain in five months.
Reliance Industries, the heaviest scrip on the Sensex, rose Rs 26.50, or 1.5 per cent, to Rs 1,801. State Bank of India, the country's largest lender, added Rs 49.25, or 3.4 per cent, to Rs 1,515.5. ICICI Bank, the second-largest lender, gained Rs 25.75 to Rs 860. These three scrips carry over one-fifth weight on the Sensex.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management has started talks with potential merchant bankers for the IPO, which is likely to be launched in the June quarter, said the people cited above.
- The Bengaluru-based firm plans to start production as early as in June. That’s audacious, given that the land—260 acres for the plant and 240 acres for two supplier parks—is still in excavation mode.
- The term sheet executed between the two parties in 2015, promised ZO Rooms’ shareholders 7% of Oyo.
- Bharat Forge Ltd and Megha Engineering and Infrastructure Ltd may also submit expressions of interest for the government’s stake in BEML, the people said on condition of anonymity.
- The survey captures the mood of the industry for the two quarters ending June 30, 2021.
- For checking EPF balance without UAN number, users will need to log into their account through the EPF homepage at epfindia.gov.in.
- The 15th Finance Commission has recommended that states be given 41 per cent of the divisible tax pool of the Centre during the period 2021-22 to 2025-26, which is at the same level as was recommended by the 14th Finance Commission.
- Here’s a list of some of the tasks which need to be performed by taxpayers before March 31