Tata Motors unveils near-production version of Harrier EV. The range is…. - Hindustan Times
close_game
close_game

Tata Motors unveils near-production version of Harrier EV. The range is….

Dec 29, 2023 03:28 PM IST

Harrier EV could become Tata's long-distance SUV on a single charge

Tata Motors unveiled the near-production version of the Harrier EV at Auto Expo 2023 in Delhi earlier this year. A recent image on the website offers a glimpse into the potential range of this upcoming electric SUV, expected to launch in 2024.

Tata Harrier EV(Tata Motors)
Tata Harrier EV(Tata Motors)

The Tata Harrier EV claims an impressive 500km range on a full charge, surpassing the long-range variant of the Nexon EV, which boasts a 465km range.

Now catch your favourite game on Crickit. Anytime Anywhere. Find out how

The revealed instrument console image showcases charging assistance, displaying the Harrier EV at 80 per cent charge with a visible range of 400km. Speculation suggests a potential 100km increase in range with the remaining 20 per cent charge. If achieved, this would make the Harrier EV Tata's long-distance SUV on a single charge, reported Live Hindustan.

Also read: Xiaomi unveils its first electric vehicle. First look, features here

This year's showcase provided insights into the Harrier EV's features, including triangular headlamp surrounds, a new grille tailored for EV, redesigned alloy wheels, fresh LED taillights, and front and rear LED light bars. The instrument console may incorporate a temperature gauge, mobile connectivity, music controls, notifications, and home and search icons.

Internally, the Harrier EV is anticipated to feature a 10.25-inch infotainment screen, a fully digital colour instrument cluster, an electric parking brake with auto-hold, ventilated front seats, a panoramic sunroof, drive mode selection, and a new gear dial.

The specific battery pack details remain undisclosed and customers are eagerly waiting for Tata Motors to disclose the full specifications.

In other news, global EV giant Tesla is set to establish its first factory in India and announcement can be made as early as first half of this month.

Also read: Tesla’s first EV factory in Gujarat? Announcement likely during this event

This will pose a tough challenge for Tata Motors, which holds the top spot as the leading electric car manufacturer in India, with its Nexon EV.

Unlock a world of Benefits with HT! From insightful newsletters to real-time news alerts and a personalized news feed – it's all here, just a click away! -Login Now!
SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Share this article
SHARE
Story Saved
Live Score
OPEN APP
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Saturday, June 22, 2024
Start 14 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Follow Us On