Panjab University women staff now entitled to Child Care Leave
In good news for both teaching and non-teaching female staff of Panjab University (PU), assistant registrar (establishment) passed the orders on Thursday that will now allow the university's female employees to avail Child Care Leave (CCL).Updated: Jul 09, 2015 18:44 IST
In good news for both teaching and non-teaching female staff of Panjab University (PU), assistant registrar (establishment) passed the orders on Thursday that will now allow the university's female employees to avail Child Care Leave (CCL).
Hailing the decision, Panjab University Teachers Association (PUTA) president Prof Rajat Sandhir said, "Getting these leaves sanctioned was PUTA's top priority. It has come after a long struggle by both teachers and administrative staff."
The rules for the CCL were passed in a syndicate meeting on May 31. The CCL will be granted only for the first two living children and the applicants would be required to submit an application at least one month in advance. However, in case of an emergency, the condition of the notice could be exempted.
Women employees having minor children are entitled to avail leave up to maximum of one year during their complete service to look after the children only during examinations or illness. However, this leave will not be granted for less than 15 days.The CCL can be availed in more than one spell, but not more than three spells in one calendar year.
To keep a check on mass leave, the varsity has decided not to grant the CCL to more than 10% of the total existing staff at a time in an academic session.
Employees having children below the age of four along with those whose children suffer from chronic illness (certified by the chief medical officer of PU health centre) will be prioritised while sanctioning CCL.
1. The leave cannot be claimed as a right.
2. The competent authority has the right to reject the application and can also cancel the sanctioned leave in public
3. The leave salary will be admissible during the leave, as in the cases of earned leave.
4. Any kind of leave already availed will not be transferred to the CCL
Who are not eligible to avail it
1. This leave will not be granted to an employee who remains absent in an unauthorised manner and later gives request for the same.
2. The employees facing disciplinary action or are under suspension and those on probabtion are not entitled.
3. Daily wage worker/contract/re-employed/part time workers are not entitled.