Health, cremation ground workers honoured
Hoshiarpur: Fifteen persons from the health department and the local cremation ground were honoured with the Principal Bagga Sewa Award on the 36th death anniversary of socialist leader and former MLA, ‘Principal’ Om Parkash Bagga.
The awards were in appreciation of the role played by health employees in providing frontline health services and that of the cremation ground workers in cremating bodies of coronavirus patients without fear of stigma.
Each award comprised a memento, a corona prevention kit and cash worth Rs 2000. Principal Bagga’s son Ajay Bagga said that it was a way to express gratitude to the corona warriors and inspire others to fight the pandemic with courage and determination.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The accused man, 30-year-old Sujeet Kumar, remains hospitalised and the police are waiting for him to recover before they pursue “suitable action” against him.
- A bench of justice Vipin Sanghi and justice Rekha Palli also asked the members of the striking union to not put under siege the municipal corporation or throw garbage on the streets.
- Manish Sisodia also interacted with students enrolled in the course to know their experiences.
- Jai Prakash, north Delhi mayor, said that all efforts of the municipal agencies this winter were focused to control local pollution sources.
- No Delhi police officer commented on the incident on record, but senior police officers aware of the development said on condition of anonymity that the two men who were on the target, are lodged in Tihar for their role in the northeast Delhi violence.
- Like several other curious onlookers, the boy too was watching the earthmover in action when the mishap took place, the police said.
- Considering the possibility of quitting this occupation, he observes that “one of the good things of being an auto driver is that all your income is made in hard cash.
- Speaking to a television channel, the deputy chief minister said that his Jannayak Janta Party (JJP), an ally of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party, will support the move to enact a law for stopping forced religious conversion.
- The last, which has a weight of almost one-third in the rankings, is a completely subjective parameter.
- The statement added that evidence of cash receipts by the actress amounting to ₹5crore has also been recovered.
- The Bihari Puraskar is one of the three literary awards instituted by the KK Birla Foundation in 1991.