Ayodhya is heart of India, says Bollywood singer Sonu Nigam
Bollywood singer Sonu Nigam referred to Ayodhya as the “heart of India” and the most revered place for Hindus.
Nigam, along with Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam and Bollywood director Sandeep Singh, reached Ayodhya for his maiden visit on Sunday evening.
The singer, who is often in the news for his views, paid obeisance to Ram Lalla at Ram Janmabhoomi and attended aarti on Sunday evening.
Nirupam and Singh also attended the aarti.
“For the several years I wanted to come to Ayodhya. Today, my long cherished wish has been fulfilled,” Nigam told mediapersons after leaving Ram Janmabhoomi.
“Ayodhya is the most revered place for Hindus. It is the ‘heart of India’,” said Nigam.
Commenting on the under-construction Ram Mandir, he said: “The most beautiful thing (Ram Mandir) is being constructed in Ayodhya. It will be India’s pride.”
He also visited Hanuman Garhi temple.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A meeting of cops and village watchmen was held at the Soraon police station on Wednesday in this regard.
- The budget session of UP legislature began on February 18 and was scheduled to end with the passing of the budget on March 10.
- Jayant called upon farmers to show their unity to the government, which he alleged was trying to “disgrace and defame” the movement against the farm laws.
- An excise department official said that besides checking suspicious dhabas along the highways, the stock available at excise shops will be verified in the drive against illicit liquor trade.
- The Muslim population in UP is 17-19%, but their share in the benefits of welfare schemes is 30-35%,” claimed the chief minister.
- The girl’s body has been sent for a post-mortem examination and the report is awaited.
- IndiGo said the passenger could not be revived and was declared dead on arrival by the airport medical team