Infant girl dies as cellphone explodes in Bareilly

Updated on Sep 14, 2022 12:40 AM IST

An eight-month-old infant died on Monday after suffering burn injuries, when a mobile phone charging close to her exploded

For representation only (HT File Photo)
For representation only (HT File Photo)
By, Lucknow

An eight-month-old infant died on Monday after suffering burn injuries, when a mobile phone charging close to her exploded. The incident took place at Pachomi village, under the Faridpur police station limits of Bareilly, on Sunday night.

Neha’s parents, Kusum Kashyap and Sunil Kumar Kashyap, told mediapersons that the phone had been purchased nearly six months ago but its battery had got swollen in the past few weeks. They said the mobile was plugged into a solar power point switch.

The mother of the baby was not in the room at the time of the explosion. They said the mother rushed in after hearing a loud noise and shouted for help after discovering her daughter injured.

Police officials said the baby had suffered serious burn injuries and succumbed to her injuries during treatment in the hospital. They said no complaint had been lodged so far by the girl’s parents.

The father of the child is a labourer and lives in an under-construction house without a power connection. His family uses a solar plate and a battery for lighting and charging mobile phones. The couple had two daughters. The elder daughter is 5-year-old Nandini.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
SHARE
Story Saved
×
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
My Offers
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Wednesday, October 05, 2022
Start 15 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Register Free and get Exciting Deals