20-yr-old Delhi man shot 16 times at service station in Haryana, dies: Police
A 20 year-old youth was shot dead at a service station in Chhatera village of Sonepat district in Haryana on Monday evening, police said.
Anil Kumar of Nahara village in Sonepat had been living with his family in Delhi for the past few years. He was preparing for competitive exams at Mukherjee Nagar in north Delhi. He was shot 16 times and died on the spot, police said.
According to information, Anil and his mother and brother had gone to attend his cousin’s wedding at Narela in Delhi.
Ravinder Singh, SHO of Kundli, said that after attending the reception on Monday, Anil along with his mother went to his native village Nahara.
“After reaching his village, he went to Chhatera village to wash his car. A man wearing helmet came there and pumped 16 bullets into his body. The entire incident was captured on CCTV,” Singh said.
“We have conducted post-mortem of the youth. A case of murder has been registered against unknown persons. We have launched a manhunt against the accused,” Singh said.
Victim’s father was shot dead in March this year
In March this year, unidentified assailants had shot dead Anil’s father Jagbir, 53, near the bus stand of his village Nahara. The gangsters fired between 10 and 12 rounds at him when he was to start the school bus of a private school.
A police official pleading anonymity said members of the Lawrence Bishoni gang were said to be behind the murder.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Earlier this month, CBI in the first charge-sheet in the case had named BSF Commandant Satish Kumar and Murshidabad-based businessman Enamul Haque along with five others for their alleged involvement in cattle smuggling across the India-Bangladesh border.
- The bench, also comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and S Ravindra Bhat apart from Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde were of the view that magistrates should play a more “intrusive” role in investigation.
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.
- The BJP unit has also been at loggerheads with the ruling Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) dispensation with its chief Earnest Mawrie accusing it of anomalies in governance.
- Shahjahanpur’s superintendent of police S Anand, SP, denied reports that the girl was burnt after a failed rape attempt
- An expert team is trying to drain out the lake to prevent another tragedy like the Chamoli flash flood.
- The tribal fair draws devotees not only from Telangana, but also from other states like Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- The notice released by the state government stated “All passengers coming to West Bengal from the aforementioned 4 states shall mandatorily carry a covid negative RT-PCR report for such test conducted within 72 hours of flight departure.”
- The police said they were ascertaining the identities and affiliation of the two terrorists.