Dinesh Karthik to lead Tamil Nadu for Vijay Hazare tournament
Veteran batsman-wicketkeeper K Dinesh Karthik, who was part of the Indian squad for the ICC World Cup in England, was on Monday named captain of the Tamil Nadu team for the Vijay Hazare Trophy one-day cricket tourney to be played at Jaipur from September 24 to October 16.
This was announced by the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association’sState Senior Selection Committee.
Chief selector M Senthilnathan told PTI that Karthik was chosen keeping his experience in mind and his ability to motivate the players, having led various teams, including the KKR in the IPL.
“Karthik has been picked because of his experience and leadership skills. He has led at various levels, including for KKR in the IPL and that will be handy,” he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- IPL 2021: Robin Uthappa was brought by the Royals ahead of the IPL 2020, but the batsman had a very indifferent season, scoring 196 runs from 12 matches.
- Archer and Stokes were rested for England's two-Test series against Sri Lanka.
- Moments into his innings, Hanuma Vihari ran a single and grimaced in pain, and it was at that moment that everyone knew he had done something to his hamstring.
- Former New Zealand all-rounder Scott Styris is worried for Chennai Super Kings ahead of IPL 2021 after they released their list of retained and released players.
- Inzamam praised Dravid for what he's done for Indian cricket, highlighting that his biggest strength was making the players mentally tough, without which India's Test series win against Australia wouldn't have been possible.
- India's fielding coach R Sridhar opened about the tour in an elaborate chat, asserting it will be difficult to surpass what the team went through in the past one month - from hitting the nadir to reaching the zenith.
- Stokes and Archer were rested for the Sri Lanka Tests but are fully expected to be named in England's squad which will be announced later Thursday.