- With Virat Kohli stepping down as RCB captain, who will lead the franchise in IPL 2022? Daniel Vettori has an interesting choice.
Published on Dec 01, 2021 07:15 PM IST
- As the IPL franchises announced their list of retained players, here is a look at the 10 biggest omissions.
Updated on Dec 01, 2021 02:15 PM IST
- Rohit Sharma informed that letting go off players who have been instrumental in Mumbai Indians' dominant run in the last 10 years of the IPL was a tough decision, terming it 'heart-breaking'.
Updated on Dec 01, 2021 06:34 PM IST
- IPL Retention: Punjab Kings (PBKS) did not retain KL Rahul despite wanting to. Anil Kumble, the franchise's Director of Cricket Operations, revealed why that happened.
Published on Dec 01, 2021 11:44 AM IST
- IPL Retention: Former India opener Aakash Chopra spoke about how the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) decided against retaining a player they were once hand in hand with.
Updated on Dec 01, 2021 11:38 AM IST
- IPL 2022 Retention: England's Ben Stokes and Jofra Archer are two of the biggest superstars of world cricket at the moment. So, why didn't inaugural champions Rajasthan Royals retain them? RR's Director of Cricket Kumar Sangakkara sheds some light on their decision.
Updated on Dec 01, 2021 03:34 PM IST
- IPL 2022 Retention: Former skipper Virat Kohli, who has been associated with the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) since the inception of the Indian Premier League, has a message for his fans.
Updated on Dec 01, 2021 03:05 PM IST
- IPL 2022 Retention: Punjab Kings will see a new skipper in place after KL Rahul decided to be a part of the auctions.
Updated on Dec 01, 2021 09:28 AM IST
- Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma will continue their association with their respective teams, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Mumbai Indians, while MS Dhoni will return to play for Chennai Super Kings as the eight IPL franchises revealed the list of players retained ahead of the IPL 2022 mega auction
Updated on Dec 01, 2021 09:58 AM IST
IPL 2022 retention Highlights: The rules mention that the existing eight franchises can retain a maximum of four players from their current squad.
Updated on Nov 30, 2021 10:44 PM IST
- IPL 2022 Retention LIVE Streaming: All you need to know about Indian Premier League Retention LIVE ceremony in India and timing and streaming details on Hotstar.
Updated on Nov 30, 2021 09:19 PM IST
- IPL 2022: Irfan Pathan discussed Mumbai Indians' retention list ahead of the mega auction. He included a promising player but excluded two MI loyals and IPL stars.
Updated on Nov 30, 2021 09:21 AM IST
- With Rohit Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah expected to be the top 2 names on the list, and Kieron Pollard being a potential third, the toss up for the fourth retention becomes a lot trickier for Mumbai Indians.
Published on Nov 29, 2021 01:32 PM IST
The former Kiwi international named Ravindra Jadeja, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Faf du Plessis and current skipper MS Dhoni as the four CSK retentions.
Updated on Nov 28, 2021 11:05 PM IST
- Mumbai Indians face a problem of plenty ahead of the 2022 IPL auction. The five-time IPL champions tackle a huge dilemma as they sit down and decide on the four players the franchise plans on retaining before the auction.
Updated on Nov 26, 2021 09:08 PM IST
Five-time Indian Premier League winners Mumbai Indians on Tuesday took fans on a nostalgic ride as they shared an iconic photo featuring Sachin Tendulkar and Sanath Jayasuriya.
Published on Nov 23, 2021 06:52 PM IST
- As the discussion surrounding the retention strategy of IPL teams picks heat ahead of IPL 2022, R Ashwin has hinted that two mega Indian stars are unlikely to be retained by Delhi Capitals.
Updated on Nov 23, 2021 10:17 AM IST
Published on Nov 21, 2021 11:12 AM IST
- The BCCI secretary confirmed the development during an event in Chennai.
Published on Nov 20, 2021 06:02 PM IST
- Virat Kohli on Friday shared a heartfelt message for his Royal Challengers Bangalore teammate AB de Villiers after the former South Africa captain announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
Updated on Nov 19, 2021 04:00 PM IST
- Royal Challengers Bangalore's AB de Villiers has announced his retirement from all formats of cricket, effectively ending his association with the franchise.
Updated on Nov 19, 2021 01:12 PM IST
- Two months after being dropped from Sunrisers Hyderabad's Playing XI in the IPL 2021, David Warner emerged as the Player of the Tournament as Australia recorded their maiden T20 World Cup win.
Updated on Nov 15, 2021 12:10 PM IST
- An auction soon meant attention to detail on many, from Hasaranga, Warner to a power hitter from Afghanistan.
Published on Nov 11, 2021 07:38 PM IST
Sanjjeev K Samyal, Mumbai
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) announced the appointment of Sanjay Bangar as head coach for the upcoming season of IPL. Bangar will be taking over the reins from Mike Hesson, who remains with the team in his existing role as Director of Cricket Operations.
Updated on Nov 09, 2021 11:07 AM IST
- All IPL teams will be following the domestic T20 tournament closely with a mega auction coming up later this month.
Published on Nov 03, 2021 06:29 PM IST
Sharad Deep, Lucknow
As per earlier reports, the two new franchises -- Lucknow and Ahmedabad -- will be given a choice to pick three players from the auction pool after the old teams announce their choice of retentions.
Published on Oct 30, 2021 08:08 PM IST
PTI | , New Delhi
From 56 in the playing XI, it will be 70 next season so franchises will monitor the domestic T20 meet even more closely
Published on Oct 29, 2021 08:23 PM IST
David Warner, who captained Sunrisers to their maiden title in 2016, was not picked for the final six games of the 2021 season in the UAE.
Published on Oct 29, 2021 12:25 AM IST
- Two new franchises--Lucknow and Ahmedabad--are likely to be given the chance to pick three players before mega auction.
Updated on Oct 28, 2021 11:08 PM IST
With the IPL set to be a 10-team affair after RP-SG bought Pune and CVC owned the Ahmedabad franchises respectively, there will be a big auction in December this year with a lot of teams restructuring their core, looking at the future.
Updated on Oct 28, 2021 10:25 PM IST