Rahul Dravid factfile
Factfile of Indian batsman Rahul Dravid who announced his retirement from international cricket today:cricket Updated: Mar 09, 2012 13:33 IST
Factfile of Indian batsman Rahul Dravid who announced his retirement from international cricket on Friday:
Full name: Rahul Sharad Dravid
Age: 39 years
Date of birth: January 11, 1973
Major teams: India, Karnataka, Kent
Test debut: v England, Lord's, 1996
One-day debut: v Sri Lanka, Singapore, 1996
Twenty20 debut: v England, Manchester, 2011
Matches 164, Runs 13,288, Highest 270, Average 52.31, Centuries 36, Fifties 63
Matches 344, Runs 10,889, Highest 153, Average 39.16, Centuries 12, Fifties 83.
Match 1, Runs 31, Highest 31, Average 31.00.
- First batsman to score a century in all Test-playing nations.
- Most catches in Test cricket (210).
- Second-highest run-maker in Test cricket after Sachin Tendulkar.
- One of Wisden's cricketers of the year in 2000.
- Won the International Cricket Council's player of the year and Test player of the year awards in 2004.
- Most century partnerships in Test cricket (88).
First Published: Mar 09, 2012 13:27 IST